What's new

Timor Gentle Shaver 1354

I must update this with a new shaving experience.

Ex-qui-site.

This is what I wasted so nuch € looking for. Something as mild, but more efficient than r89.

I have a problem with my whiskers growing near parallel to my skin and usually, i absolutely must go for an atg 3rd pass, but this is an only razor with which i could call it a day after 2 passes and have a pretty nice shave. The third pass gives a perfect (and with ZERO irritation) bbs.

I really really hope the new head will be top notch as i think i found my shaving holy grail. Now ill go through blade sample packs and simply enjoy myself every morning.

If anyone from Giesen & Fortshoff is reading this: fix alignment and plating, and promote this work of yours heavily, it truly is a wonder.

Poslano z mojega SM-A520F z uporabo Tapatalk

I have a problem with my whiskers growing near parallel to my skin and usually, i absolutely must go for an atg 3rd pass, but this is an only razor with which i could call it a day after 2 passes and have a pretty nice shave. The third pass gives a perfect (and with ZERO irritation) bbs.

For your hair growth, it's time you evaluate a vintage Gem Micromatic flying wing aka bullet tip razor and a Personna Gem PTFE blade. You'll be surprised and amazed at the shave quality and skin care.

I must update this with a new shaving experience.

Ex-qui-site.

This is what I wasted so nuch € looking for. Something as mild, but more efficient than r89.

I really really hope the new head will be top notch as i think i found my shaving holy grail. Now ill go through blade sample packs and simply enjoy myself every morning.

If anyone from Giesen & Fortshoff is reading this: fix alignment and plating, and promote this work of yours heavily, it truly is a wonder.

You probably just got one that slipped through QC. I have the short handled version of the same razor with zero plating/alignment issues. I'd describe the plating at least on par with Merkur but not quite Muhle. To me the shave is very similar to the Merkur 33c, i.e. gentle/mild. Hope you get a good replacement head.

You probably just got one that slipped through QC. I have the short handled version of the same razor with zero plating/alignment issues. I'd describe the plating at least on par with Merkur but not quite Muhle. To me the shave is very similar to the Merkur 33c, i.e. gentle/mild. Hope you get a good replacement head.

Thanks rusty1. I believe it should be so, considering the testimonials (i Google translated :D) from German forums. In any case, the not-well aligned head gives me great shaves, and I never thought I'll like the thinner handle this much. It really is great, a week in, and I'm still enthusiastic.

More update - going through the blade packs, currently BIC outperforms Personna. What surprised me is that it even gives less irritation than Personna red pack. Interesting!

The razor is still mild and still efficient, but it seems I learned another thing - for my hand, the 100mm handle seems to be the best, especially in two cases:

1) When generally doing passes, the tip of the razor rests on the end of my palm, which makes me hold it lower under the head than I usually hold my razors, and it really makes things comfortable as I really feel in control during my whole shave.

2) When reaching with my right hand for the left side ATG, it works flawlessly and it's stable. I had problems getting irritation free ATG shaves on my left side, as I always held the shorter handle razors so close to the head.

What I also learned is that I seem to like thinner handles. This baby is thin, but knurled as hell, though not uncomfortably knurled like Parker 24c. No chance in hell this thing slips.

Anyway, as long as I don't drop it, I hope it lasts for a long time. If it behaves this way, I must say I'll become a diehard G&F fan and buy more out of their product range.

If they make the threads brass, I think I'll commit a seppuku out of enthusiasm. (Well, or at least drool and spend some more of my hard earned moneyz).

+, for my first shave, I decided to go all Deutsch and used Tabac products, now whenever I look at the razor, I smell Tabac soap :) Weird.

I added an item in the review section and a review. Click.

I ask for other users, who own this razor, to contribute an unbiased review. The reviews on B&B helped me countless times. Thanks.

Update on the blade alignment. As said, you can't wiggle it, but funny enough, when i press the head on the sides, where the tabs usually protrude, it sometimes pops the blade a little, and then it's aligned perfectly. What could this be?

Thansk.

Update: Blade alignment still not okay. Not even with the new topcap. Additionally, the threads on both topcaps seem to have the chrome chipped from alignment posts after only 4-5 uses.

And the nail in the coffin:

I binned the razor out of sheer desperation. After some time I noticed it shaves more aggressive on one side than the other, no way to get it to be properly aligned. The posts seem to be centered poorly, and it was the case with both topcaps. Additionally, alignment posts developed rust like stains on both top caps and the thread is also thinned and chrome damaged even though I know how to take care of my tools! Never overtightened!

Final Conclusion: Would not recommend to anyone.

Top Bottom