What's new

PIF - Tattooed Gillette. (Sorry hard core collectors, I couldn't help myself.)

If you read the Razorine thread you saw how I etched the cap. I couldn't stop after that. So I pulled out a common but popular Gillette Ball-End Tech to be the next victim. A lucky winner will own this one of a kind Gillette which now has absolutely zero collector value.

The PIF runs from today until Valentine's Day at 6 pm CST. I will ship to the winner world wide.

Rules: This PIF is all about romance. Tell me the story of how you won the love of your life. Where did you meet and when? What did you say when you first met the lucky one? What were they wearing? What do you remember most about the moment? Post pics if you have them and want to share Valentine moments.

Behold: The Dragon Tech.​
Dragon Tech Electro-Etching.JPG

Out of the electro-etching solution.​
Dragon Tech out of etch bath.JPG

Still covered with resist and tape.​
Dragon Tech 2.JPG

Cleaned up.
Dragon Tech.JPG
Polished but left with a satin finish.

Good luck participants!​

Last edited:
thats sick looking! I'm definitely in.

no real romance involved when I first met my wife which was on the ski slopes. All I could see was her eyes, but I knew pretty quick that she was special. She chased me hard for a while after that (she was young, my friend told me to "put the lid back on and let her cook a little while longer) but I finally gave in. 12.5 years later and things are never better.

Pretty nice work. Not in, but I met my wife at church and she just didn't know what she was getting herself into. 27 years later she still hasn't figured it out. Grin.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Too cool to not be in. Plus, the ball end tech is one of my favorites.

Met my wife my first day on campus in college. A friend invited me to his apartment for a meet and greet. His girlfriend invited a friend. The first time I laid eyes on her, I stopped and prayed that God would let me marry her, despite the bright orange stretch pants and neon pattern shirt. Her eyes, man...that's all that mattered. She has eyes that I can't get over. I spent a year becoming best friends with her and finally got up the nerve to ask her out. A year later, I gave her a ring in a rose garden by a lake. When you know, you know. After 20 years of marriage she has only grown in grace and beauty (and, thank God, fashion sense) and I have absolutely zero regrets. I'm still not over those eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not in because I've already won a PIF this month and want others to benefit.

Very cool and what a great PIF!

This place never ceases to amaze me.

That looks super cool! I’m in!

I met my wife at a party in college. She was an anthropology major and won my over talking about Native American recipes for pemican. I asked for her number that night, and the rest is history. That was a little over 11 years ago.

I'm in.

I was working the registration tables for Art College, specifically the table for Printmaking. Students go through the gauntlet with their papers for the classes they wanted to take. We just made sure they had the prerequisites and that there was still openings for the specific courses. This is in the days of Hollerith cards and IBM 360 mainframes, so it was all done by hand. SWMBO stops by and hands me her sheet, and I say "Oh, you want to take Lithography! Good choice. It's still open. The instructor sounds cranky at times but he knows his stuff." She was wearing a light blue cotton peasant blouse and jeans. As it happened, I was taking the same course so we saw each other a lot, especially in the evenings when there was available press time.
The second meeting was before classes actually started. My new house-mate knew her from Illinois Wesleyan University and had to return a book to her, so I tagged along and met her at her place which she was just moving into. The book was Barbara A. Rose's (no relation) "Readings in American Art Since 1900: A Documentary Survey".
We got married within two years, if I remember correctly. I proposed in the Printmaking Studio, at Press #3. That was in 1975.

Here's a recent pic of the same press:
proxy.php

At the right is the same window that she stared out through for an agonizingly long time before she said "yes".

Last edited:
You have created one very unique Tech, well done! Love the Tech and use it for most shaves. Too hard to resist.

I met my bride while hanging out with her friend Becky (later Becky & I tried to date, but our friendship made it weird). First time I saw my bride she was sitting at her kitchen table typing a term paper on and old manual typewriter. She had glasses on, hair pulled back and was looking like the classic girl next door. I asked if I could have her number which she gave to me with a laugh.

Two months later, after asking Becky if she would mind me asking her friend on a date, I called and asked her out...she declined because she had a date. I was pretty sure she blew me off and wasn’t interested.
It was four years after we were married that she realized who it was that called her that night. :confused1

A couple weeks later I tried again and she agreed to go out for Cokes and a walk. Two months later she agreed to “go steady,” and three months later we were engaged. Eighteen months later, after being in different countries and even surviving her breaking off the engagement (I was a knucklehead), we were married.

Thirty-one plus years later, three children and a fair amount of bumps in the road, we are going strong and enjoying the fruits of hard work and tested love.

You have created one very unique Tech, well done! Love the Tech and use it for most shaves. Too hard to resist.

I met my bride while hanging out with her friend Becky (later Becky & I tried to date, but our friendship made it weird). First time I saw my bride she was sitting at her kitchen table typing a term paper on and old manual typewriter. She had glasses on, hair pulled back and was looking like the classic girl next door. I asked if I could have her number which she gave to me with a laugh.

Two months later, after asking Becky if she would mind me asking her friend on a date, I called and asked her out...she declined because she had a date. I was pretty sure she blew me off and wasn’t interested.
It was four years after we were married that she realized who it was that called her that night. :confused1

A couple weeks later I tried again and she agreed to go out for Cokes and a walk. Two months later she agreed to “go steady,” and three months later we were engaged. Eighteen months later, after being in different countries and even surviving her breaking off the engagement (I was a knucklehead), we were married.

Thirty-one plus years later, three children and a fair amount of bumps in the road, we are going strong and enjoying the fruits of hard work and tested love.

Great story. Funny how life works.

That is great craftsmanship, I’m in please.

I met my wife at work when she transferred in from another location. She was my boss. At one point, in our employment, I was injured on the job. After a trip to the ER, I was back to work the next day. Unfortunately I was not able to keep the same pace initially after the injury. We had a stressful day at work and she fired me due to productivity. She called me back in a day or two and gave me my job back. But I got the last laugh at that job. I married her. That was 29 years ago and we are still going strong.

That is great craftsmanship, I’m in please.

I met my wife at work when she transferred in from another location. She was my boss. At one point, in our employment, I was injured on the job. After a trip to the ER, I was back to work the next day. Unfortunately I was not able to keep the same pace initially after the injury. We had a stressful day at work and she fired me due to productivity. She called me back in a day or two and gave me my job back. But I got the last laugh at that job. I married her. That was 29 years ago and we are still going strong.

Yep, you got the last laugh on that one!!!

If you read the Razorine thread you saw how I etched the cap. I couldn't stop after that. So I pulled out a common but popular Gillette Ball-End Tech to be the next victim. A lucky winner will own this one of a kind Gillette which now has absolutely zero collector value.

The PIF runs from today until Valentine's Day at 6 pm CST. I will ship to the winner world wide.

Rules: This PIF is all about romance. Tell me the story of how you won the love of your life. Where did you meet and when? What did you say when you first met the lucky one? What were they wearing? What do you remember most about the moment? Post pics if you have them and want to share Valentine moments.

Behold: The Dragon Tech.​
View attachment 949831
Out of the electro-etching solution.​
View attachment 949833
Still covered with resist and tape.​
View attachment 949834
Cleaned up.
View attachment 949835Polished but left with a satin finish.

Good luck participants!​
Awesome.

I put my name into the hat. It's something I'll be proud to own n display.

Regards,

Mawashi

I'm in, or would be if I had a romance story, but considering I'm single.. :001_rolle:001_tt2:

That being said, you did an incredible job on it, and whoever of us is lucky enough to win it will be in for a real treat!

@HDSledge thanks for organising and giving such wonderful and creative gift. And thanks everyone else for sharing, it is great to read such true love stories and laugh a bit.

I met her in another country, we both went there to work for NGO, save the planet, go green, go vegan and such new age hippie thinking. A few years/countries later, still kicking in and slowly making out our exit strategy for a new and hopefully better country and maybe even the final one...
And she is the kindest person that I know...

And I really like mine gold Tech, its mine blind shaver, easy to use, reliable, good weight, just as I like it.

Once again, thanks for organising and count me in.

Too cool not to - I'm in.

The story of the night my now wife and I got together is not a particularly romantic one. It happened in gradschool, and a lot of alcohol was involved. She was wearing some awesome corduroy flares that even then weren't quite fashionable, but were funky and looked great on her.

I made up for it when I proposed, making a special dish that she introduced me to (after learning how to make it in secret), getting a special bottle of wine I knew she loved, and doing the whole down-on-one-knee thing. Seventeen years later we have two beautiful kids and are as happy as ever.

Top Bottom