What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Today’s mail call from a picker friend of mine. He thought I would like to add these in my DE collection. A Tuckaway and a Super Speed, NOS with all packaging. Love them when they are factory fresh

436A5B7B-8B92-4E4C-8950-07045F7B20E2.jpeg
A7C569F9-6D2E-4AFA-B987-BF5511EA5217.jpeg

Down side of Europe is much less offerings on vintage Gillette razors against nice shippingcosts. Upside maybe not as much people hunting for razors. Despite my efforts to avoid an bidding frenzy I never had the luck that no one else whas bidding... Until today. My son got a trampoline for his 3th birthday, I got a cheap Gillette Slim Adjustable. I think/hope it will clean up nicely. The blade suggest that it's not been used for a longtime.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Hot dang, nice!

Very nice, congratulations.

Tim, you are on a roll too! Beautiful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I need to find some better friends.
Very nice razors. So far the only sealed NOS razor I've found is a gold push button GEM

That is truly a daily double. Congrats!

It’s a Norfolk (New De luxe), not a Tuckaway. Pretty uncommon.

Adam

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. Also thanks for clarifying that Norfolk-Tuckaway mixup

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Down side of Europe is much less offerings on vintage Gillette razors against nice shippingcosts. Upside maybe not as much people hunting for razors. Despite my efforts to avoid an bidding frenzy I never had the luck that no one else whas bidding... Until today. My son got a trampoline for his 3th birthday, I got a cheap Gillette Slim Adjustable. I think/hope it will clean up nicely. The blade suggest that it's not been used for a longtime.

My winnings on the Slim Adjustable whas this morning. Life just got even better. Just took delivery of an shipment from @fblais
Can't wait to try them both.

Apollo slant on the way. Most of the Apollo slants I've seen in photographs have a different handle than this. View attachment 949719

my last find: a british 1908 Combination set

View attachment 949783

Very, very nice acquisition gentleman

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Feeling lucky, i stopped by one of my honey hole junk shops. This was waiting for me. The TV Special has the 6 blade dispenser and the ladies Gillette I think was gold. Only some color remains in the grooves.

5C8316B8-8ADC-4EC6-A6B5-B6CE8B0A2FDC.jpeg
C52BF9CD-9764-41D9-B2A7-46DF325D0D3F.jpeg

Top Bottom