What's new

Best shaving soap brands ???

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
However I'd like to try some new soaps ! The inconvenience is that I live in Canada, and shipping can be expensive just to order samples here and there !

My top soap is Wickham 1912. Closely followed by Cyril R Salter cream then Wholly Kaw and Pre de Provence. Wickham and CRS are clear standouts.

Have a look at Connaught Shaving, they have an inexpensive shipping option to Canada, carry both Wickham and CRS and are a popular vendor. Maggard also has an inexpensive international shipping option for us in Canada. I buy regularly from both and havent had a single problem.

Another big +1 for topofthechain.ca
Carmine is top notch to deal with. Excellent customer service and you can find pretty much all the beloved soap artisans there.

Also, I honestly wouldn't recommend Italian Barber. They may be Canadian but they deal in US dollars (even the Canada Post fees are in US dollars!). Only shop there if you want their in-house brand Razorock (i.e. pretty good soap and, I must admit, great razors).

Tabac
Taylor of Old Bond Street
Proraso
Midnight & Two
Henri y Victoria

Look at Fendrihan's or Italian Barber, they are Canadian suppliers and offer good prices.
Free shipping after $50.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
They may be Canadian but they deal in US dollars (even the Canada Post fees are in US dollars!).

Yep. Then if you live in Ontario add another 13% on top for taxes because they're Canadian based.

Best soap so far: Abbate y la Mantia Krokos! You can shave and shave and shave and shave and never have a feeling of too much blade contact. No irritations, perfect slickness and man, the scent... unbelievable... that intense saffron scent is not too strong but soooo wonderful!
It’s nearly as pricey as Nuavia, but it’s worth every cent! +there is the Aftershave, which is just perfect!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

If there is a Body Shop in Canada, try Maca Root. They often have sales sometimes up to 40% off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Best soap so far: Abbate y la Mantia Krokos! You can shave and shave and shave and shave and never have a feeling of too much blade contact. No irritations, perfect slickness and man, the scent... unbelievable... that intense saffron scent is not too strong but soooo wonderful!
It’s nearly as pricey as Nuavia, but it’s worth every cent! +there is the Aftershave, which is just perfect!!

Welcome to the forum!

I'll look into that soap. I havent heard of it before.

Home - Abbate y La Mantia

@Raven Koenes. Look, it's 100% Italian!

Grinch.Grin.gif

Welcome to the forum!

I'll look into that soap. I havent heard of it before.

Home - Abbate y La Mantia

@Raven Koenes. Look, it's 100% Italian!

View attachment 940478

Thx Brother!
Yep, 100% Italian, made from saffron farmers.
It is just beautiful, I know Matteo( which is Frankincense, Myrrh and Saffron) and ofc Krokos, which seems to have another soap formula, as it is much thicker and slicker! Just beautiful! Another good Soap is Meißner Tremonia from Dortmund, Germany. They have got prices too, but the performance is great. But the AylM is muuuuch better I must admit!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Best is a huge word.

There are a few soaps I regard as top tier, including WKDM (KoO), Wickham 1912, SV, MdC. There are other soaps, many other soaps, a half or quarter notch below these.

There are a number of soaps I've tried in samples which are as good as the top tier soaps but seemed to me considerably more expensive than their competition without offering anything the competition didn't. One that comes to mind is ABC.

I've not tried every soap made, but I have tried a great many. Still, I hear about new and attractive soaps which I "should try soon." CBL has made that list thanks to Frank @Dragonsbeard.

upload_2019-2-3_21-21-52.jpeg

My favorite soaps and the two I think are the best shaving soaps are Grooming Dept's Lusso based soaps and Grooming Dept's Donkey based soaps.

We are in the Golden Age of Shaving Soaps!

Happy shaves,

Jim

You're in luck, one of what I think is the best is right there. Tallow & Steel.

I'd add Wholly Kaw donkey milk and Declaration Grooming among my top favorites.

@Pyr Power
I'd avoid Marvy's Mug Soap. This is coming from a guy that likes Arko, Derby, and Williams Mug Soap.
What’s wrong with Marvy? Not a lot of info out there on it.

I’m assuming you’re going to say it won’t lather but many people say that about Williams but they dont know what they are doing (my opinion)

Anyway, I’ve been curious to try Marvy and Stephan soap but if it’s truly horrible I won’t bother

A Canadian soap/cream I never see mentioned here is Elvado. I have Pacific Coast Kahuna and Royal Tahitian Lime, both which lather wonderfully and have glorious scent profiles. I believe they are out of Ontario.

You'll get 100 different answers! I must say the first time I used SV, I said WOW, as I noticed a difference. This was after proraso and MWF.
Most soaps will give a decent shave if you take time to get to know them. Nowadays, I prefer light scents as anything strong irritates my face.

Top Bottom