What's new

Looking for synthetic brush recommendation.

I have two synthetic brushes, a Simpson Chubby 2 and a Simpson Duke 3. These are great brushes for using a painting stroke (Simpson even recommends this stroke), but I am also interested in a synthetic brush that I can do circular strokes with like I can with my Simpson super badger Persian Jar 2.

Thank you for your consideration.

Ike

These recommendations are for brushes that can be used well for circular motion rather than just painting strokes?

I just got a Yaqi Sagrada, 24mm tuxedo knot & have used it 3 times. I face lather in a circular motion with it. So far, I've enjoyed it a great deal.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I ordered the Barber Handle Plissoft synthetic knot from Italianbarber for the princely sum of $13. If I like it I may buy more, if I don't well, then I'm down $13 bucks. I wasted more on bad wine. :)

I just got a Yaqi Sagrada, 24mm tuxedo knot & have used it 3 times. I face lather in a circular motion with it. So far, I've enjoyed it a great deal.
I do have a Yaqi 26mm I love. If you have a soap you want to kill fast, that's the brush.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
705.jpg Razorock $20 Great brush

I wished Stirling sold that handle with a Cashmere knot. Would look amazing, like the boar one.
There are alternatives for this. You could buy the brush and steam the knot out and replace it with a Cashmere or send an email to Rod to see if you could buy just the handle and then set the knot in it... You can get the Cashmere from APShaveCo pretty cheap.

Why don't you join the Synth brush pass around box found in the stickies of this sub forum? You'll get a chance to try a bunch of brushes, and then decide what you like, before you buy.

Top Bottom