What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

6/8 Art of Shaving by Thiers-Issard
SOTD1-26-19.jpg

Richard, very pretty and effective razor, intrigued by the scent of the software, do you like it?

Klaas, Solingen, 13/16 near wedge:

proxy.php

Beautiful Klaas, Michael. I do enjoy the Tonka & Tobacco Flower scent, that also includes frankincense, raspberry, and wood scents. A very nice warm scent for winter months.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I looks NOS to me, which is a bit surprising since it is made pre WWII. I never stop wondering where some razors have been "sleeping" for many decades or even more than a century. In any case it's a very fine specimen.
I’ve given this a lot of thought especially since the hord of NOS Herders lately. The only logical explanation is time travel. That explains much.

Would be great to know your favorite finisher for that nice razor Andy. B&M Waves soap is outstanding too, just got mine.

Thanks for asking- currently it’s a high grit synthetic finisher (for me a 12k shapton) followed by 100+ laps on a Surgical black ark. Going from 8k to the ark doesn’t seem to cut it. Also, I’ve tried natural finishers followed by the ark with excellent results, but the synthetic is just easier, and the results are similar (but not the same) as syntbetic + ark.

Back home after a long trip ...
P. Fritisse Veritable - “Fortunatus” - 13/16 (pre war).
proxy.php
Your razors never cease to amaze me.
I’ve given this a lot of thought especially since the hord of NOS Herders lately. The only logical explanation is time travel. That explains much.
That would be one explanation. Another possible one is that there are families that have the interest and room to store seemingly useless objects that once belonged to relatives so long gone that no today living family member actually have met them. I can't help but feeling a little bit spooked at the thought.
Sunday morning shave: Erik Anton Berg. (Arne is an enabler, getting me interested in these little Swedish razors).

Mission accomplished:001_smile. Please read my motto below. That E.A. Berg is an early version most likely made around 1900.

that’s a near wedge? can you share the profile shot?

Perhaps 1/4 hollow (sorry for terrible pic.)?:

proxy.php

Back home after a long trip ...
P. Fritisse Veritable - “Fortunatus” - 13/16 (pre war).

:clap:

Thanks for asking- currently it’s a high grit synthetic finisher (for me a 12k shapton) followed by 100+ laps on a Surgical black ark. Going from 8k to the ark doesn’t seem to cut it. Also, I’ve tried natural finishers followed by the ark with excellent results, but the synthetic is just easier, and the results are similar (but not the same) as syntbetic + ark.

Totally agree and my edge from Naniwa SS 12k/surgical black Ark is hard to beat too!

Black is always black so it can never be back or new. Black is the very definition of "classic" in my book. This has one exception: My home is always to be filled with light, as white as possible and only sparingly furnished. I am Scandinavian after all and a firm believer in Scandinavian design. It goes so well with the colour of my fur.:001_smile

When I, in this thread, expressed how much I missed the Il Coloniali croap Richard @evnpar very soon asked me if I'd mind if he sent me a couple of them. So this morning, for the first time in years, I had the joy of shaving with this great soap with its snot like lather and nice scent. I matched it with JPG Kokorico ASB and EDT, a really good match. Thank you Richard.:)

Bismarck svart.jpg

Top Bottom