What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

I bought a couple of Icarus pipes from a fellow over on Pipesmokersden. A smooth bent egg and a chubby apple. All his offerings are new, never smoked. He must have bought a bunch of remaining stock or knocked off a delivery truck, or he had the worst case of PAD ever - he had a bunch. I figured it was worth a shot given the prices. They should have shipped today.
I'm using the rationale that I just sent two new pipes to my son for his birthday. You have to replace your stock, right?

I bought a couple of Icarus pipes from a fellow over on Pipesmokersden. A smooth bent egg and a chubby apple. All his offerings are new, never smoked. He must have bought a bunch of remaining stock or knocked off a delivery truck, or he had the worst case of PAD ever - he had a bunch. I figured it was worth a shot given the prices. They should have shipped today.
I'm using the rationale that I just sent two new pipes to my son for his birthday. You have to replace your stock, right?
Icarus (IIRC; someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong) were made by the guys who do BriarWorks stuff now before reorganizing and doing other things- There is a better story somewhere and someone better to tell it. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I will be ordering one of these from Brian Orton on the first of February

94DDAB35-243F-439F-9EEA-D2F74AD7F37B.jpeg

I am waiting on...

1 pouch of HH Chatham Manor
1 lb Stokkebye LBF
Both of which will be first times with

And then on the bay, just because I liked the looks of it I got this coming. Description says it's an Italian briar called an Excelsior De Luxe. Don't know what I'm getting my hands on next week, but I'll surely let you guys know.

$_12.jpeg

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I ordered an MM Wizard cobbit yesterday. Hopefully it comes in sometime next week. I would enjoy smoking this during the Super Bowl.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
More like KAD! Lost a couple of other bids, probably just as well. Better make sure I like 'em before I invest in several of them, I suppose.

Icarus (IIRC; someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong) were made by the guys who do BriarWorks stuff now before reorganizing and doing other things- There is a better story somewhere and someone better to tell it. :)
I believe that is correct. Icarus, Neptune, Briar Works, originally all the same guys. There is likely more to the story.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Moonshine too I'd guess.

Yeah, they made the Moonshine Pipes for Jonathan, and when he decided to dedicate his time to fly rods, Briarworks started selling moonshine pipes direct.

Icarus and Neptune were sold by the Briarworks guys as sub brands. Not sure exactly what the strategy was, but they abandoned those lines and brought many of he shapes within the Briarworks line. I suspect they realized they were better off building one brand identify than several at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting on a Molina pocket pipe size Author... though they labeled it as a "bent apple", the pic looks way more Author like to me. lol

IMG_2250__65826.1534186865.jpg

The bowl is kind of apple, but the stem is definitely author. Very nice. My DR Franc Shorta Morta is also a nose warmer. Wasn’t sure I’d like it, but I find I really do.
I have a bunch of nosewarmer pipes, as well as several Author shapes, so this one just ticked all the boxes. lol

2 tins of Marlin Flake, 2 tins of Wessex Brigade Campaign, 1 Wessex Gold Brick. Instead of the standard "add Escudo until you get to free shipping", I took a flyer on a couple oddball blends I've been wanting to try, Gold Block & Heinrichs Grand Cru.

There's no such thing as having too much Escudo, but I've got more than I will likely ever smoke.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
2 tins of Marlin Flake, 2 tins of Wessex Brigade Campaign, 1 Wessex Gold Brick. Instead of the standard "add Escudo until you get to free shipping", I took a flyer on a couple oddball blends I've been wanting to try, Gold Block & Heinrichs Grand Cru.

There's no such thing as having too much Escudo, but I've got more than I will likely ever smoke.

Wessex Dark is out already. Didn’t take long.

Top Bottom