What's new

I'm Cringing as I Ask This...

I don’t mind repeat questions. In fact, I find it interesting how opinions change over time. Who knows, maybe the black Feather pack used to have 7 blades...

Also,the search function is t very good. You’re better off using Google—9 times out of 10 it sends you to a B&B thread for any shaving question.

In a manner of speaking yes. Would you rather see countless new "Astra vs. Personna Red" threads or that someone do a search first where they can find older threads chock full of replies? The first thing one does when writing about a topic is to research it.
I wouldn't see that many, most would be lost to the annals of history. And I generally don't put much weight into others opinions about blades. It is humorous when I see comments about using search, and if the suggester would have tried, they would of found out, nothing similar. (not in reference to you) Person might just be a hunter, not a fisher.

And as I've said before, the search function on the site can be challenging -- it tends to require a VERY specific set of keywords to narrow down the results to something useful. It can take a very long time to fish through 1000 threads to get the information you want.

I like this forum because it's friendly and welcoming. Repeat questions aren't going to hurt anyone, especially from new members.

Seriously though.
Anyone is welcome to post any question at anytime.
Our expectations are that the membership will reply respectfully and helpfully or not at all.
In more than a decade of managing the forum we have never allowed a "just google it" reply to stand.
There really is no opposite postion on this topic.

Yes....

The yellow 10 pack is yellow

The black 5 pack is black.

BIG difference.

proxy.php

Seriously though.
Anyone is welcome to post any question at anytime.
Our expectations are that the membership will reply respectfully and helpfully or not at all.
In more than a decade of managing the forum we have never allowed a "just google it" reply to stand.
There really is no opposite postion on this topic.

Thank you!! It makes me happy to see this!

This thread has been a great way to put a smile on my face after another dreary upstate New York
winter afternoon. Thank Goodness for Badger & Blade ! The best group of gents on the internet.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I was wondering if anyone was going to post the Yellow pack with 5 blades. I’ve seen this question before a long time ago and IIRC the correct answer was based on where the blades are marketed. Yellow marketed/sold to one region. Black marketed/sold to another. But the blades themselves are exactly the same. Again, IIRC this information came directly from the manufacturer and/or distributor.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yep. Why would ANYONE get upset about old questions being asked? Move on if it bugs ya. Shoot, when all you whipper snappers get old you'll be asking questions that drive your young friends crazy too.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yep. Why would ANYONE get upset about old questions being asked? Move on if it bugs ya. Shoot, when all you whipper snappers get old you'll be asking questions that drive your young friends crazy too.
And get off my lawn!

Top Bottom