What's new

Wholly Kaw fans

Whats your favorite scent? The options are a bit overwhelming and I’m not too sure what scents smell like based off of their descriptions. Help !!! I’m not sure at all what to get.

I only have two - King of Oud and Chypre Rose Concerto. These two seem to be pretty popular, but I would give the edge to King of Oud. The others that get a lot of press are King of Bourbon and their fougere scents. My next purchase from them may be Pasha's Pride. After I try to get my hands on a sample first, of course. Most everyone will agree to get samples before you decide which one to buy. That's really the only way you'll know for sure.

I suggest you purchase samples of WK to see which you like best. Unfortunately, some scents are not available as samples.

My favorite WK donkey milk soap is King of Oud. It is the only one I have that I rate as 10/10 for scent. I have the King of Bourbon scent in the new Bufala formula; I rank it 8/10 on scent, but the performance is superb.

I have both Italian Holiday and Spice Vitae on order. However, I have not smelled the later two; I purchased them based on the scent notes. When they arrive, I will review them.

The other donkey milk soaps in my den remain there due to performance. the scents are good, but not great.

If you want soaps that have excellent performance and great scent, I suggest looking at Ariana and Evans, Cold River Soap Works, Noble Otter and Oleo Soapworks. They have a lot of great scents, although you will have to look for ones that fit your preferences. I recommend A&E Vetiver Magnifique, Grecian Horse and Sparticus. I recommend CRSW Colonia Mediterania, Puro Fresco, Vetiver Fresco, and the limited edition Winter. I recommend NO Lonestar, Monarch and Noir et Vanille. Oleo has a wide range of scents for simple to complex, my favorites are New City, Shiloh and Irving Park; they are cologne fragrances.

Although the performance is not quite as good as the other soaps mentioned, I like many of the Wet Shaving Products scents. The WSP Bay Rum, Gaelic Tweed (Inspired by Green Irish Tweed), and Olympus (inspired by Aventus) scents are wonderful.

I only have two - King of Oud and Chypre Rose Concerto. These two seem to be pretty popular, but I would give the edge to King of Oud. The others that get a lot of press are King of Bourbon and their fougere scents. My next purchase from them may be Pasha's Pride. After I try to get my hands on a sample first, of course. Most everyone will agree to get samples before you decide which one to buy. That's really the only way you'll know for sure.
Pashas pride is one I was looking at .

I suggest you purchase samples of WK to see which you like best. Unfortunately, some scents are not available as samples.

My favorite WK donkey milk soap is King of Oud. It is the only one I have that I rate as 10/10 for scent. I have the King of Bourbon scent in the new Bufala formula; I rank it 8/10 on scent, but the performance is superb.

I have both Italian Holiday and Spice Vitae on order. However, I have not smelled the later two; I purchased them based on the scent notes. When they arrive, I will review them.

The other donkey milk soaps in my den remain there due to performance. the scents are good, but not great.

If you want soaps that have excellent performance and great scent, I suggest looking at Ariana and Evans, Cold River Soap Works, Noble Otter and Oleo Soapworks. They have a lot of great scents, although you will have to look for ones that fit your preferences. I recommend A&E Vetiver Magnifique, Grecian Horse and Sparticus. I recommend CRSW Colonia Mediterania, Puro Fresco, Vetiver Fresco, and the limited edition Winter. I recommend NO Lonestar, Monarch and Noir et Vanille. Oleo has a wide range of scents for simple to complex, my favorites are New City, Shiloh and Irving Park; they are cologne fragrances.

Although the performance is not quite as good as the other soaps mentioned, I like many of the Wet Shaving Products scents. The WSP Bay Rum, Gaelic Tweed (Inspired by Green Irish Tweed), and Olympus (inspired by Aventus) scents are wonderful.
I’m sticking to Wholly Kaw but thanks for the other recommendations.

Pashas pride is one I was looking at .

I'm not good at describing scents, but I will say to my nose, this one is alittle bit on the weaker side. It also seems to have a dark tone to it, rather than something bright, fresh, and cologne-ish. That's about all I can say as I really have no way to describe it. The performance though.........ELITE!!! Which I'm sure you already know.

I wish he would come out with King of Oud in this new water buffalo base! King of Oud is amazingly good scent.

+1 on King of Oud! It's by far my favorite WK scent! Also, good recommendations on other soaps. How would you describe A&E Vetiver Magnifique? Is it an earthy/dirt/natural kind of scent or is more of cologne type scent?

My experience has been that Sri will sell samples of any soap. I've bought a sample pack and then put the list of soaps I want in the notes of the order.

I purchased a handful of samples and determined at the time, that the Chypre Rose Concerto was the only one I liked. That being said, I enjoy it a lot!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
KingOfOud.640.4-18.JPG

My only Wholly Kaw is Project Leather which I really enjoy and now thinking of adding other scent to my den. Which of the scent would have a stronger/long lasting scents ?

I liked most WK scents that i've tried. I noticed they tend to be on the lighter side which is a plus for me as I get cloyed easily.

I like Man from Mayfair, King of Oud and Fougere Parfait. My favorite scent from them is Fougere Bouquet.

Whats your favorite scent? The options are a bit overwhelming and I’m not too sure what scents smell like based off of their descriptions. Help !!! I’m not sure at all what to get.
@chr86 it might help us zero in on one you would like if you describe what you’re looking for. I love Merchant of Tobacco— it’s dark and a little sweet like dark cocoa but not powdery. I find King if Bourbon to be a little fruity— like ginger and also a little powdery which I don’t like. I LOVE the base though so I shave with it on the weekends as my feel good chill shave. I’m curious about Pashas and the new Spice Vitae as well. I would guess that Man from Mayfair is a lighter scent just because it’s Sri’s barbershop scent.

+1 on King of Oud! It's by far my favorite WK scent! Also, good recommendations on other soaps. How would you describe A&E Vetiver Magnifique? Is it an earthy/dirt/natural kind of scent or is more of cologne type scent?

A&E Vetiver Magnifique is supposed to have been inspired by Geurlain Vetiver. According to the description, the scent has notes of Calabrian bergamot, coriander, nutmeg, vetiver, pepper, tobacco and Tonka bean. To my nose it is a rich blend of fruity, spicy and earthy all rolled into one magnificent accord. Although the scent notes are different King of Oud has some of that same complexity and depth, so if you like King of Oud, I suspect you will like Vetiver Magnifigue.

@chr86 it might help us zero in on one you would like if you describe what you’re looking for. I love Merchant of Tobacco— it’s dark and a little sweet like dark cocoa but not powdery. I find King if Bourbon to be a little fruity— like ginger and also a little powdery which I don’t like. I LOVE the base though so I shave with it on the weekends as my feel good chill shave. I’m curious about Pashas and the new Spice Vitae as well. I would guess that Man from Mayfair is a lighter scent just because it’s Sri’s barbershop scent.
Man , I do enjoy citrus scents like Creed Aventus. I also like dark , spicy . Like my favorite cologne at the moment is Tom Ford’s Oud Wood. I also really really like clean barber shop type scents that are soapy. Not a fan of grandma perfumy scents at all. I also really like Creed Tweed sort of that green-ish scent but I’d never actually buy the cologne. No clue what the heck those scents are scent nose wise though.

Last edited:
I had samples of Fougere Bouquet and Man from Mayfair and I liked them both. I’m going to try some of their other offerings soon.

Honestly I think that @Chan Eil Whiskers and others hit the nail on the head when they suggested WK King of Oud. The only citrus scents I know of are Pasha's Pride, Pompelmo and Lav Sublime-- none of which I have smelled. I wonder how Pasha's might echo Creed Aventis with the citrus top notes and darker base notes. You could always email their customer support and ask as well. They're pretty responsive in my experience. For a green scent I really like their Fougere Bouquet but they have many Fougeres as well so samples could be in order.

Top Bottom