What's new

DOBRO Sensitive

Isn't DOBRO a musical instrument ?...... Nice Serbian cream here. Real manly Eastern Euro barbershop scent, very nice indeed...Lathers up nice, thick white clouds....Lubrication was good, maybe not up to Proraso quality, but good...Longevity was nice as well, one dollop was enough for head and face shave...Heavy metal tube with real sturdy cap, a big plus...Not hermetically sealed, a slight minus for long term storage before sale...Available direct from Serbia ( see other post : SERBIAN CONNECTION )
DSCN4896.JPG
DSCN4899.JPG
DSCN4900.JPG
DSCN4901.JPG
DSCN4903.JPG

Thanks for continuing to bring these creams to our attention, @malocchio! I actually just spotted this one on eBay and was curious if it is a decent cream. Now I have my answer!

Where do you find these great creams - I'm still indebted to you for turning me on to Figaro.

BTW, Dobro is a specific brand name of Resonator Guitar.

I wonder if it’s as good as the Ralon cream from Croatia. Or like some of the Bulgarian creams.

Rick
The Bulgarian creams are really top notch quality, I'd say a "little" better than the Serbian creams except for Palmira, which is neck and neck with Ralon cream....

The Bulgarian creams are really top notch quality, I'd say a "little" better than the Serbian creams except for Palmira, which is neck and neck with Ralon cream....

I love the Ralon cream. I tried the Brinell but that one didn’t please me at all. I got rid of it after the second use.

Rick

Isn't DOBRO a musical instrument ?...... Nice Serbian cream here. Real manly Eastern Euro barbershop scent, very nice indeed...Lathers up nice, thick white clouds....Lubrication was good, maybe not up to Proraso quality, but good...Longevity was nice as well, one dollop was enough for head and face shave...Heavy metal tube with real sturdy cap, a big plus...Not hermetically sealed, a slight minus for long term storage before sale...Available direct from Serbia ( see other post : SERBIAN CONNECTION )View attachment 945309 View attachment 945310 View attachment 945311 View attachment 945312 View attachment 945313

I never heard of this cream.

Rick

Dobro is a private label for the Dis chain of supermarkets in Serbia. I have bought two Dobro aftershaves (both excellent), two tablets of Dobro chocolate and even a small pack of Dobro bouillon cubes.

Where do you find these great creams - I'm still indebted to you for turning me on to Figaro.

BTW, Dobro is a specific brand name of Resonator Guitar.
Sorry Salty !... missed this when you posted it... you just have to keep up with ebay, enter "shaving cream " then enter different country names, you'd be surprised at what pops up. Sadly , a lot of times guys will advertise for a few weeks then disappear...Foreign shave forums are nice for trades and info, and with an online translator you can find out a lot of good info..

It also means “good” in several Slavic languages.

True!

I’m fluent in Russian and I can speak and understand the other Slavic languages well enough to get around. Besides Russian my next best Slavic language is Ukrainian which I’m actually quite good at, and I can have a pretty good conversation in Bulgarian. The others like Polish, Czech, Slovak, Serbian, Croatian are a little more difficult for me. The funniest thing is that I’m of Hungarian Jewish descent! Lol

Rick

True!

I’m fluent in Russian and I can speak and understand the other Slavic languages well enough to get around. Besides Russian my next best Slavic language is Ukrainian which I’m actually quite good at, and I can have a pretty good conversation in Bulgarian. The others like Polish, Czech, Slovak, Serbian, Croatian are a little more difficult for me. The funniest thing is that I’m of Hungarian Jewish descent! Lol

Rick
What other countries use Cyrillic ??

Russian and Ukrainian are closely related, most Ukrainians also speak Russian as a 2nd language.
west Slavic languages are slightly different.

They’re related indeed but not as closely as you think. Ukrainian has a lot of influence from Polish. Bulgarian is much closer to Serbian and Macedonian than to Russian.

Rick

Top Bottom