What's new

1 Shave Setup for Life

• ATT SE1
  • Schick Proline
  • PAA Atomic Rocket
. . . been using these for about a year now. One soap is hard to say, brother . . .

I would pick whichever ones I pick to use that day, or after 1 to 5 years(or more) of beard growth, which I use wouldn't really matter much to me.

Just one razor, huh?

Okay, but we're going full tilt Apocalypse here. If I'm going to limit myself to one, it will be because I spend the majority of my time in the outback siphoning gas from roadside derelicts for my V-8 Interceptor while limping around with a bad leg and a sawed-off shotgun.

The smart choice would be a straight razor. Because it is the most readily weaponized implement of personal hygene.

But I know jack about using one of those, so my choice is a Gillette Tech. I have 3. Two gold plated and a nickel. I'd take the nickel. Because it has already lasted a lifetime. And it will outlast me. And the thing just works. No frills. No gimcracks, goo-gaws and folderol, bells and whistles modern inconveniences. It just does the job.

I would want a large cache of Astra SPs for blades. Again, these just work.

Soaps? My go to soap is the Arko stick. My go to cream is Cremo Cream. I use Shave Secret when I'm in a hurry or when pre-shave hot water is not available. Just cold water. So...just Arko, I guess.

Brush? Honestly, I rarely use one. Not a priority for me.

Razor: rr game changer
Blade: Gillette Minora
Brush: rr plissoft
Preshave: Proraso prepost green
Soap: tfs uncle Walter
Aftershave: furbo vintage blue

Out of what I've tried so far, I'd have to go with an injector (type L-1 so far but I'd love to try some older ones) and a $1 bottle of hair conditioner. Not very fancy sounding, but it's proven to be efficient and reliable for me. The conditioner has enough residual slickness that I don't have to reapply it for a second pass or touch-ups. Then some Dickinson's witch hazel and Lily of the Desert 99% aloe vera "gelly" to finish it off.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Easy!

Gillette Guard
Barbasol
And any aftershave I happen to have when the time comes that I need to use the same setup for the rest of my life.

Gillette super speed
Gillette Wilkinson blades
Proraso white preshave
Tabac cream
Pitralon green aftershave

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Wolfman WR1/WRH1
PolSilver SI
MdC unscented

It's already what I use most of the time for the past few years.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I think my one set up would have two razors.

I could easily use my Jagger DE3D14 with a Wilkinson Sword Classic and Mitchell's Wool Fat for most daily shaves, but for heavy growth when I haven't been able to shave for a while, or for the occasional redefining of the sideburns or the goatee, I need open comb or a shavette. The open comb I use is the Merkur head off the 985 travel razor which I use on the Jagger handle.

- Merkur open comb with a long handle
- Palmolive soap
- Omega brush
- Nivea balm AS or Lucky tiger tonic

That was my basic set-up for years and i didnt find it wanting.

Razor: Mergress
Blade: Polisilver
Brush: Semogue 2013 limited edition Olivewood
Soap & AS: it will be hard to stay with one each

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I think my one set up would have two razors.

I could easily use my Jagger DE3D14 with a Wilkinson Sword Classic and Mitchell's Wool Fat for most daily shaves, but for heavy growth when I haven't been able to shave for a while, or for the occasional redefining of the sideburns or the goatee, I need open comb or a shavette. The open comb I use is the Merkur head off the 985 travel razor which I use on the Jagger handle.

Forgot to mention a cheap Omega boar brush and Nivea Sensitive balm.

Well subject to change it would be...
Karve razor with D plate
Polsilver SI
Duke 3 in best
MWF
Proraso white pre and post
Proraso white as balm
But in the wonderful world of shaving something newer and shinier is never far away!

Top Bottom