What's new

Review: Timeless Ti .95

Happy Sunday everyone,

So I’ve spent some time using my Timeless ti .95 and I must say I don’t think I’ll have to try another razor for any reason other than for just the sake of doing so. But as far as the shave itself is concerned, I don’t think it can be beat.

For the majority of my shaves with it, I’ve used a GSB, stirling barbershop, my Yaqi synthetic, and Thayer’s witch hazel for post shave. I did this to keep as many variables as I could constant.

The blade gap is .95mm which makes the angle very easy to find along with providing a wide range of angles that can be used to suit your own techniques and preferences. However, even though the blade gap is .95, the blade exposure is not very significant which makes the razor feel relatively mild and well tamed. Being that it is made out of titanium, it is significantly lighter than most ss razors I have tried and offers a softer face feel than any ss razor I have tried. This is what I think makes it mild feeling since I’ve heard people who have both the ti and ss versions say that they are two completely different feeling razors, with the ss feeling significantly more aggressive.

The efficiency and smoothness of this razor is top notch. My first shave with this razor, I had 4 days of growth just for the sake of testing. I typically shave every other day or two. My beard is not very full/thick, but I have very course thick/whiskers. With one pass, almost everything was mowed off. My entire face was bbs after the second pass and received no irritation. My neck faired nicely as well. I do not chase bbs on my neck due to irritation so I usually stick to one pass down there. This razor did an excellent job in one pass and was very close to bbs but I left it as is with no irritation.

The second pass was very smooth and comfortable and demolished all of the little remaining hair that was left with zero irritation.

I have sold off all of my other razors which is a testament to the timeless ti .95. It is by far the best razor I have owned thus far and I would be surprised if I find a razor that beats it in the future.
IMG_20190120_110937.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy Sunday everyone,

So I’ve spent some time using my Timeless ti .95 and I must say I don’t think I’ll have to try another razor for any reason other than for just the sake of doing so. But as far as the shave itself is concerned, I don’t think it can be beat.

For the majority of my shaves with it, I’ve used a GSB, stirling barbershop, my Yaqi synthetic, and Thayer’s witch hazel for post shave. I did this to keep as many variables as I could constant.

The blade gap is .95mm which makes the angle very easy to find along with providing a wide range of angles that can be used to suit your own techniques and preferences. However, even though the blade gap is .95, the blade exposure is not very significant which makes the razor feel relatively mild and well tamed. Being that it is made out of titanium, it is significantly lighter than most ss razors I have tried and offers a softer face feel than any ss razor I have tried. This is what I think makes it mild feeling since I’ve heard people who have both the ti and ss versions say that they are two completely different feeling razors, with the ss feeling significantly more aggressive.

The efficiency and smoothness of this razor is top notch. My first shave with this razor, I had 4 days of growth just for the sake of testing. I typically shave every other day or two. My beard is not very full/thick, but I have very course thick/whiskers. With one pass, almost everything was mowed off. My entire face was bbs after the second pass and received no irritation. My neck faired nicely as well. I do not chase bbs on my neck due to irritation so I usually stick to one pass down there. This razor did an excellent job in one pass and was very close to bbs but I left it as is with no irritation.

The second pass was very smooth and comfortable and demolished all of the little remaining hair that was left with zero irritation.

I have sold off all of my other razors which is a testament to the timeless ti .95. It is by far the best razor I have owned thus far and I would be surprised if I find a razor that beats it in the future. View attachment 945502

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s my favorite razor for sure and I’ve had just about every Timeless offered. There is a difference in aggressiveness between Ti and SS. I have the Ti .95 open comb and will also get the scalloped.68 base just for fun.

I switch off between my Paradigm SE titanium and Timeless .95. I travel with the game changer and every now and then I throw in the Blackland Sabre.

Titanium is my favorite shaving material for so many reasons.

I’d love to see a Blackhawk Ti. I’ve been meaning to email Shane.

Congrats on your purchase!

Shave on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s my favorite razor for sure and I’ve had just about every Timeless offered. There is a difference in aggressiveness between Ti and SS. I have the Ti .95 open comb and will also get the scalloped.68 base just for fun.

I switch off between my Paradigm SE titanium and Timeless .95. I travel with the game changer and every now and then I throw in the Blackland Sabre.

Titanium is my favorite shaving material for so many reasons.

I’d love to see a Blackhawk Ti. I’ve been meaning to email Shane.

Congrats on your purchase!

Shave on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ti and SS heads are not identical? What accounts for the difference in aggression?

Nice review.

I've been eying the Ti .68 myself. I had the OC .68 but didn't get that good a shave out of it. Always some weepers & the razor just felt so heavy (head shaves were a drag).
So I am thinking about getting the Ti .68 Scalloped (love the look). Not hot on the handle though looks bulky.

The Ti and SS heads are not identical? What accounts for the difference in aggression?
They are identical in design and shape, but the difference in material used (SS vs titanium) makes for a significant difference in weight which results in a milder shave.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice review.

I've been eying the Ti .68 myself. I had the OC .68 but didn't get that good a shave out of it. Always some weepers & the razor just felt so heavy (head shaves were a drag).
So I am thinking about getting the Ti .68 Scalloped (love the look). Not hot on the handle though looks bulky.
I had the same exact concern. I was not a fan of the handle. But having used it a bunch now I really like it. It is by no means slippery and very well balanced.

They are identical in design and shape, but the difference in material used (SS vs titanium) makes for a significant difference in weight which results in a milder shave.

Ok , just wanted to confirm :) . Thanks.

The titanium version for some reason is smoother than the SS (I have both). I polished mine and replaced the handle with a Stork Consul. And I had it engraved with my family name as per every razor I want to keep [emoji41]
proxy.php

Glad to see that you are enjoying your Ti Timeless razor! My neck doesn't tolerate multiple passes as well. I quit shaving ATG for 3 years on my neck. After discovering the timeless and how rigid it holds the blade, I attempted skipping WTG and only shaving ATG on my neck at a very shallow angle. I couldn't get over how close the shaves on my neck were, without a hint of irritation. I, now, only shave my neck ATG with a few touch ups. I've tried this method with numerous DE razors and only the Timeless razors have allowed me to shave my neck ATG without accumulating irritation.

@mousecop
My experience with my Timeless Ti95 almost mirrors your. The rigidity of this razor works so well on my neck. The soft face feel is just wonderful. I used mine this morning with 3 days growth, dud 2 pass and a little clean up and got a great bbs shave. I am glad you are liking your new Timeless.
Happy shaves
SMURF

I’m always pleased to see a B&Ber find a razor they enjoy, especially when they provide a thoughtful review about it.

I haven’t tried the Ti version, but I enjoy my stainless .95 OC very much. I’m surprised to find, however, that I like my bronze .78 OC better. On my face, it provides a closer, longer-lasting shave (although it’s a bit less forgiving).

Top Bottom