What's new

French Leresche DE Razors

Just wanted to pick up an oldish thread about the Leresche Razors from France -- where I had posted some stories and photos in 2014. I recently picked up a relatively commonly seen razor in an uncommonly seen Bakelite case.

This case is a swivel design, convenient to use but one that apparently never caught on with Leresche or any of the other vintage companies -- at least none that I've seen.
full

full

Cool set, and here you can see this one compared to another of my Leresche razors -- one just like this one but in it's more common designed case.
full

I had previously presented this other Leresche in more detail in this posting.

Just wanted to share the novel swivel storage/presentation case.

Nice ones Jake! - I find Leresches to be wonderful mild shavers. I saw one of these cases before but (as always) not in the condition that you found yours, haha. Well done as always, love your photos too!

The two sets with me are in the more regular cases.
Late #61 set on the left, #34 set on the right.
3523FECF-94D1-4B4F-B70B-F8EDD1681C67.jpeg 0D249562-551E-48F5-849F-F2191B51F7F1.jpeg

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, that case is very interesting. I wonder why it never caught on? It is a great idea IMHO.

Love that swivelset. Very nice box. My most notable Leresche is a 34, NIB:
proxy.php
Very cool and tantalizing. Don't you want to open it just once? Carefully. With gloves on. If you do, please take photos of each stage of the opening. Could be a pearl inside. Thanks for sharing the photo!

Very cool and tantalizing. Don't you want to open it just once? Carefully. With gloves on. If you do, please take photos of each stage of the opening. Could be a pearl inside. Thanks for sharing the photo!

In a German wetshaving forum, we call this "Schroedingers razor" :D

Which is exactly why I won't unpack it: way too fascinating as it is. In a way it delivers that what, in the Golden Age of Science Fiction, and probably still, separated the good SF from the bad: a sense of wonder.
Should somebody have a rare slant that he/she wishes to trade for this Leresche, then the new owner is very welcome to document the unpacking :)

Top Bottom