What's new

Le Coq Adjustbles

A little over a year later, and I've found the match to my other Le Coq adjustable razor -- from the 1930s? Here's my original posting. And now to share my newer and even more pristine Le Coq.
full

You can see the ad more clearly here.
full

So I had the #105 and now have it's close cousin, the #115.
full

full

And their innards, similar and different.
full

This is the newer (for me) model. I think never used.
full

full

And just to compare it to the earlier Le Coq singe edged wedge style razor.
full

They've come a long way, baby...
full

The French know how to create a beautiful and colorful set.
full

I always wondered why it’s “license Palmer” on this model. Was Palmer the inventor and LeCoq licensed the design??

This is a great looking razor and performs well enough if you make a shim out of an old 3-hole blade to help with the rigidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice razors! I often wondered how reliable an adjustable system was with just the middle screw post adjusting the blade and not an entire plate.

Very nice razors! I often wondered how reliable an adjustable system was with just the middle screw post adjusting the blade and not an entire plate.
Having a boxed 105 myself, very reliable!:001_302:
It is a very toothy shaver, and may be opened up well over "5" because of the adjustment running of the center post on a 2-piece razor. Over about 8, I don't like the shave, as the excessive loss of tension on the blade leaves too much flex.

Appearances are deceptive, as the adjustment does work off a plate, just the top plate, not bottom, as we more typically see.

Ah, so you were the one getting that cardboard boxed Palmer! I was watching (if the same auction) and really considered bidding. Congrats on this great score, Jake, glad you got it!

Ah, so you were the one getting that cardboard boxed Palmer! I was watching (if the same auction) and really considered bidding. Congrats on this great score, Jake, glad you got it!
I did get the NOS one via Ebay, just wanted to fill out my Le Coq adjustables. Glad we weren't bidding against one another.

I did get the NOS one via Ebay, just wanted to fill out my Le Coq adjustables. Glad we weren't bidding against one another.

Me too! - I was REALLY considering this, going back and forth for the longest time. And now I see that it was in even better shape than the pics revealed. Well done on you, sir!

Nice one Jake! By the looks of it, your 105 seems to be a third model? The 105 on the instructionsheet has the same handle as the 115?

Neat find! I wonder how this one fits in the history of adjustable safety razors.
I think it's one of the early adjustables in the history of this design. Improvements with the German Apollo -- who may or may not have seen this model as their engineers developed their 1st generation adjustable Apollo razor.

Me too! - I was REALLY considering this, going back and forth for the longest time. And now I see that it was in even better shape than the pics revealed. Well done on you, sir!
Yes, I too was impressed with the quality of this Le Coq. Better than I had expected. I'll pass on any future Le Coq auctions in the event you do discover one.

Top Bottom