What's new

Soapaholic

I think I have a problem..... I never expected to love trying different soaps!! And did not think there would be such different after shave face feeling. I want to thank all of you for all the great reviews and awesome recommendations!!

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_20190117_232907.jpg
    IMG_20190117_232907.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
It is never a problem if it involves shave soaps. You just need to get some more. Grin.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I've been there. Have a drawer full of soaps to prove it. Told myself I couldn't get anymore, until I thin the herd a bit.

That was over two years ago. I think I've finished maybe 2 pucks in that time. It'll be a while before I get through the stash...

At my worst I went up to 50 soaps. Down to 30 having sold off 20. It can get better once you get past the "curiosity" stage and start just wanting to use the best ones more often. Since I've chosen the 3 best out of every 5, my stock is much stronger in quality and appeal these days. I also know much more clearly what would make a strong addition to what I have.

thx
how is the freeze with that soap?
I have only used the Florida Freeze once since I received earlier this week and when I was lathering with it I dropped my shaving bowl .
So I was unable to get the lather I should have. My face did seem very cool while shaving. I will report back once my new shave bowl arrives.

Nice selection. Let us know how the SS Pumpkin Spice is. Lisa has a Pumpkin Oud that sounds interesting as well.
The Pumpkin Spice smells amazing! And I am holding back ordering the Pumpkin Oud from Lisa. It did lather up very well and gave a very good slickness and good protection.

The Pumpkin Spice smells amazing! And I am holding back ordering the Pumpkin Oud from Lisa. It did lather up very well and gave a very good slickness and good protection.

That's awesome. Thanks. I have been trying to exercise discipline with the Pumpkin Spice and Pumpkin Oud. We will see how long that works.

I was on a soap sabbatical for over 1 year. The dam broke on my sabbatical a few months ago and I have been buying soaps with reckless abandon - probably 10 soaps in the last 2 months. And, I have another 6 soaps on my "to buy" list. (in fact I have 4 of those soaps in my cart on Maggard's website just waiting for my little finger to press "buy.")

I am 64. I have more than enough soaps for this lifetime and several reincarnations. Is that enough? I don't think so.

You can really go down the rabbit hole when it comes to soaps. At one point in time, I had over 40 soaps. I came to realize that my love for it all was more in the thrill of buying new products more so than in the actual use of said products.

I am indeed a soapoholic! Have a "soap museum library" and am always trading/PIF'ing and have found some of my favorite soaps this way, ones i usually wouldn't have thought to purchase. Variety is the spice of life, Have tried several hundred different soaps since starting this awesome hobby. Trying different bases/scents helps create that 'ZEN" and peaceful environment.

Top Bottom