What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Thiers Issard 6/8" - Full hollow ground "singing blade", TI "Carbonsong" C135 steel, ram's horn scales.

Thiers1.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just stopped buying razors on ebay recently,
so the prices should be going way down.

Thanks.

I know it from the other end having seen threads on B&B where we rave and gush about Vintage Razor X drive up the price for VRX. I know I've seen this, and bet I'm not the only one. The vendors are market savvy.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks.

I know it from the other end having seen threads on B&B where we rave and gush about Vintage Razor X drive up the price for VRX. I know I've seen this, and bet I'm not the only one. The vendors are market savvy.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'd say many sellers are members here. Johnloc's prices are the same as when I started collecting straights.

Fell off the wagon eh?

At this point, I do not have any further comment on this topic... LOL :D :D :D

But if I had to, it'd be something like "deal too good to pass on" or, something along those lines anyway. :001_rolle:001_rolle

So, I know I should at least in theory feel bad, but I don't, I'm 3/3 with French razors so far, and that's "going in" with fully open mind and no bias towards country of origin or manufacturer. All 3 are absolutely stunning shavers (and not horrible to look at either).

Wow, I thought vintage DEs were addicting. Last Saturday, I acquired 2 Gencos and a EA Berg from a local Flea market. Well, I've been pretty busy since then. Here's one that I'm pretty happy with.

2019-01-18 19.17.23.jpg

2019-01-17 18.16.13.jpg

2019-01-17 18.16.23.jpg

I've been reading everything I can find about these razors but but I have mostly confused myself. Is there a site that is straight forward that will help me determine how old these razors are? From looking at the tang, I would guess 1930 - 1945.

Here's the last one tonight. You can't see it in the picture but there's an image of the twins in the sunburst.

I have this one and three others out getting honed right now. Can't wait to get started.

2019-01-15 15.30.11.jpg

2019-01-15 15.30.17.jpg

Top Bottom