What's new

Ruger SR1911-10mm First Day Out

0AC7A16E-A9F2-4FB4-A06C-BEB22E1EFF7E.jpeg
D3B655E3-6417-42B0-B2E2-2E4064B0405F.jpeg
FD16E04E-E9B2-471F-AFDD-C573FD147DE2.jpeg
ADAD9CAB-0A76-41BA-9A31-1535D62261A0.jpeg
Picked up the new 10mm today and took it directly to the range downstairs.
Final evaluation...I was quite impressed.
Now from the beginning:
Grips gotta go. They’re just a tad too much. One may say gaudy. No worries. A new set of Tulipwood grips are on the way.
Excellent heft and balance. Feels a bit muzzle heavy but that’s to be expected with the bull barrel.
The Novak style Trijicon night sights were spot on right out of the box. They also enabled me to pick up the target quicksmart, resulting in exceptional accuracy.
Recoil? Not an issue at all. Very manageable. My SR1911 .45 has more kick.
Yep. Got a winner here.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 944319 View attachment 944320 View attachment 944321 View attachment 944322 Picked up the new 10mm today and took it directly to the range downstairs.
Now from the beginning:
Grips gotta go. They’re just a tad too much. One may say gaudy. No worries. A new set of Tulipwood grips are on the way.
Excellent heft and balance. Feels a bit muzzle heavy but that’s to be expected with the bull barrel.
The Novak style sights were spot on right out of the box. They also enabled me to pick up the target quicksmart, resulting in exceptional accuracy.
Yep. Got a winner here.
Majorly jealous.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 944319 View attachment 944320 View attachment 944321 View attachment 944322 Picked up the new 10mm today and took it directly to the range downstairs.
Now from the beginning:
The Novak style sights were spot on right out of the box. They also enabled me to pick up the target quicksmart, resulting in exceptional accuracy.
Yep. Got a winner here.
Congrats Acme.. Yeah, those grips gotta go. :) That last target, very impressive shooting.

Yeah, get some grips for a man! That is some good shooting, really gave the target a headache and some heartburn!

My most accurate 1911 is a Colt Delta Gold Cup.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Very nice and good shooting! Looking forward to seeing those replacement grips and other accessories. How many rounds do the factory mags hold?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Wow. First time out and it is shooting one hole groups. That bottom target is impressive.

Do the targets have powder burns on them? :biggrin1:

You are right...those grips gotta go. Can't wait to see the tulipwood ones.

Factory magazines hold 8 rounds. Works for me.
The Tulipwood grips will be matching the set I have on my .45 SR 1911.
Glad I was able to find a set pretty quickly.
B450F6C9-E61F-45AB-9477-619A12012421.jpeg

Whoo hoo! Like those tulip wood stocks and sure like the 10mm.

So, recoil isn't so bad like 10mm's internet reputation suggests?

@noelekal
No. The 10mm recoil, although present is not bad at all. As earlier mentioned, the kick from my .45 (also a steel frame Ruger SR 1911) is considerably more evident when shooting. The 10mm recoil is more of a dull thump whereas the .45 is a “sharper” kick. Kind of like getting hit with a punch with a boxing glove vs. getting hit with a bare fist, if that makes any sense.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
What load were you shooting? Some of the current 10mm offerings have been down loaded from the original rounds offered.

I think this may be my next 10mm. Love me the 10mm! So versatile. I reload so it makes it easy to go from mild to wild. Also my preferred EDC.

Top Bottom