What's new

Raised Flat Bottom Question

After suffering from Rad for a couple of years, I settled on the RFB as my daily driver.
You owe it to yourself to try one and come to your own conclusion. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

After suffering from Rad for a couple of years, I settled on the RFB as my daily driver.
You owe it to yourself to try one and come to your own conclusion. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thank you. I found a "88". However, not sure what I want at this time. I always do the research first and I'm just getting started.

my 7 O'clock RFB rodium plated. Much agresiv than Gillette. Great Razor. Recomend.
IMG_20180730_235512.jpg

R

romsitsa

Whats on the handle, it looks like allema...? Importe’d Allemagne? I always tought 7o’clock was a Rotbart white label razor, but this would be clear evidence.

Adam

Yesterday I gave my 2 piece RFB #77 a thorough clean.....it was advertised as NOS and came in a cellophane sealed condition.

I gave it the ole bakin soda and foil treatment (4 times in a row), followed by some scrubbing bubbs and a hot soak in Dawn. Then polished it with some Goddards silver polish and applied renaissance wax to seal it and gave it a good buffing.

80+ years in a cellophane and the bakelite box still created some oxidation I have got it off now but this is the best I could do. Shaves better than a NEW, if that's possible.

RIMG0865.JPG
RIMG0866.JPG
RIMG0868.JPG
RIMG0869.JPG
RIMG0870.JPG

Last edited:
Yesterday I gave my 2 piece RFB #77 a thorough clean.....it was advertised as NOS and came in a cellophane sealed condition.

I gave it the ole bakin soda and foil treatment followed by some scrubbing bubbs and a hot soak in Dawn. Then polished it with some Goddards silver polish and applied renaissance wax to seal it and gave it a good buffing.

80+ years in a cellophane and the bakelite box still created some oxidation I have got it off now but this is the best I could do. Shaves better than a NEW, if that's possible.

View attachment 944199 View attachment 944200 View attachment 944201 View attachment 944202 View attachment 944203
What a beauty. :a14:

I just completed an amazing shave with the razor above. Aggressive is not a word I can ever use for the razor, neither does smooth spring to mind.

The one word Im left with as a memory of a terrific shave is COMFORT.

The head geometry on this one is near perfect....it just takes off stubble and you don't even realise it till you pass your
hand over the spot. I think it's near impossible to harm yourself with this razor....just a perfect little daily driver and a glorious shaving icon.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I just completed an amazing shave with the razor above. Aggressive is not a word I can ever use for the razor, neither does smooth spring to mind.

The one word Im left with as a memory of a terrific shave is COMFORT.

The head geometry on this one is near perfect....it just takes off stubble and you don't even realise it till you pass your
hand over the spot. I think it's near impossible to harm yourself with this razor....just a perfect little daily driver and a glorious shaving icon.

No.77 is an amazing shave ... got one a month ago, still thanking the internet powers.

AA

Top Bottom