What's new

What Face Lotion Are You Using?

What face lotion are you using? I'm not talking about an aftershave balm, but an actual face lotion?

What have you found that works best after a shave?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

My wife and I really like Kiehl's for the cold Chicago months. No shine, scent, and doesn't feel greasy. It's a pretty big container too, so lasts us throughout most of the winter.

upload_2019-1-15_8-34-37.png

proxy.php

got this as a gift, just started using it this week , I like it so far not so greasy and does a good job hydrating the skin.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
image.jpeg I use Emu Oil Lotion after just about every shave. The only time that I use a proper aftershave balm is when I have had a really bad shave. The Emu Lotion is very cheap, last time that I bought some it was under $5 and it lasts me a very long time.

Isn't an aftershave balm essentially just a face lotion? Either way, it's what I usually use. In the summer I'll use Neutrogana Post Shave Lotion. I'll also reach for it solely as a sunblock for my face as well since it has an SPF in it. The L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm is great in the winter as it's a bit thicker and adds a bit more moisture to my skin. If you think about it just about any lotion should work but I'd give preference to those made for your face.

I've been using Grooming Dept Post Shave Serum recently and it's outstanding in terms of what it's doing for my skin.

If you're looking for products to repurpose as an aftershave balm I suppose any type of lotion would work provided it was gentle enough for your face and didn't clog your pores. Nothing too oily.

I have used some Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer as a post shave before and it was decent. Not the very best choice but certainly enjoyable. A 10 oz bottle is like $15 and should last a very, very long time.

You could try hitting up your local Ulta or Sephora store. They'll give you small samples of anything you'd like to try if you let then know what you're looking for. If you find something that repurposes as an aftershave balm exceptionally well please do let us know. I'd be interested.

I make my own lotion actually. 1 part jojoba oil, 1 part grapeseed oil, 1 part sweet almond oil and 1 part emulsifying wax(important to make the oil and water bind) add 2% glycerin and 73% water when you have melted the wax with the oil. Then Essential oil to your taste. Personally i use sandalwood and eucalyptus. Then store it in my refrigirator. Works great as a lotion and aftershave. Pretty cheap and you can make tons of it. Just make sure you make small amounts so it doesnt go bad.

Fruit of the Valley Aloe Vera Gel... formerly Natureade Aloe Vera Gel. After spending many years on the high peaks and outside, using aloe vera gel after sun and shave, at sixty six, my face looks many years younger according to most friends. Aloe Gel ... clean, clear and dries without any residue or stickiness and actually heals your skin.

Thanks, I’ll try that. I use it for burns and sun burn, but hadn’t thought of it for a regular treatment. Going to give that a good go. I drink it often, and have been in breaking a fast currently, for healing the gut. My mustards, mashed potatoes, kale chips, and more all get a dose of it. The skin is also fed from inside, of course. We currently have a gallon of berry flavored in house. Which it turns out, blackberry leave tincture/extract makes a good skin tonic as well.

I've been using Nivea after shave balm as part of post shave ritual

Later after shaving I rub in a few drops of self made argan based pre/post shave oil

Then a couple times a day I will rinse or wash face followed by rubbing in a few more drops of self made argan based pre/post shave oil

after day or two my face feels like the natural dewey skin of a 16 year old Brazilian model

I have found that like everything else, face lotions are so subjective/personal. I have tried all sorts of expensive stuff, but for the past few months, I've exclusively used Lubriderm Men's 3 in 1 Lotion (unscented); super cheap (<$7.00 on Amazon). I go tired of trying different lotions (I want something to use every morning), so will be sticking with this for the time being.

proxy.php

Top Bottom