What's new

Where's the Pitrolon?

I haven't heard much about them lately. I've got the polar(blue) and the pure(yellow) that I like, and have had for a while, but it doesn't look like I'll be replacing them.

I just used Pure/Original. I do have the blue sports but not a fan of the scent.
Pure and the green version see more usage with me. They both have slightly herbal scents and possibly an acquired taste but I like them a lot.

These have been on my ‘to try’ list for too long!! My only issue is that I have trouble understanding the various options.

These have been on my ‘to try’ list for too long!! My only issue is that I have trouble understanding the various options.
I was on the edge for a while too but figured if I stick to main product line I will be playing safe.
All said, I think Pitralon AS of any variation is bit of an acquired taste with exception of Classic /Green color carton.
It doesn't smell dated to me but then I do like green notes and cedar kinda scents. Give it a try and it doesn't smell outlandish or cheap in any way.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great stuff
Ive got the blue and original
the scent doesn't linger too long on either

I am currently using a bottle of the classic German version. I have been using it daily for a couple weeks and plan to continue using it until the bottle is finished.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
If you like woodsy cedar, get the original (green label) often called German Pitralon. This is my go-to aftershave, good stuff! The Swiss Pitralon is a more floral (contains ylang ylang) scent and comes in a larger bottle and seems a bit more nourishing for my skin. The Austrian Pure (red dot) is a more chemical scent to me and takes a little getting used to. These are the three I use regularly.

I bought a good selection years ago and I've heard they are not so clearly marked as to country of origin now.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
333.png I really like this 1

If you like woodsy cedar, get the original (green label) often called German Pitralon. This is my go-to aftershave, good stuff! The Swiss Pitralon is a more floral (contains ylang ylang) scent and comes in a larger bottle and seems a bit more nourishing for my skin. The Austrian Pure (red dot) is a more chemical scent to me and takes a little getting used to. These are the three I use regularly.

I bought a good selection years ago and I've heard they are not so clearly marked as to country of origin now.

Thanks for the explaination!! Looks like the German or Swiss is what I should get. :a14::a14:

The Austrian red dot version is pretty gnarly. Like bubble yum clubman mixed with sharpie markers.

The German green version is nice and sharp like juniper and saw dust. I like it.

I guess I will have to try the classic green with all the fans but I would like to have another blue also. Thanks all for the comments.

I guess I will have to try the classic green with all the fans but I would like to have another blue also. Thanks all for the comments.
Polar Blue smells nothing like classic or original. To me it is a very generic 90s aquatic smell nearly bordering on cheap with a faint trail of floor cleaner trying to rub shoulders with davidoff coolwater. Try if you are a fan of aquatic scents.

The German pitralon Classic is my favorite aftershave. I love the classic scent and it truly works wonders in the skin. Starts with a mild burn, but ends up soothing and doing something really wonderful to my Sensitive skin. My bottle has lasted over a year and I’ll always have this on stock.

The best, Jerry. The best

Top Bottom