What's new

My Growing Ever Ready Collection to Restore and Adore

I have been collecting over the last 2 years a certain handle style of Ever Ready that matches to the 100,150, 250 and 400 models as they all have interchangeable parts. I absolutely love this type of handle in my hand.

Below is my current collection which pretty much has about every possible color combination I have ever seen in existence except for the 500 BNL with a lucite bottom.

Now that I have collected all but the 500 BNL, my next project is to start replacing knots in those that need them and also create 10 Franken Handles in color combos that never existed.

At the moment, I have nearly all handles to complete my collection but am actively searching for models with lettering/Stamping on the top of the handle in absolute top condition in the following combos. If you have a combo that is not in the picture or my list below, I am INTERESTED!

1) Black base and white top.

2) 150 models with black top which only have the words Ever Ready(like the red/black one in the middle of this photo). Can be either red or green bottom.

3) Blue top......for this model it can either be the ribbed bottom or curved bottom 100 models as the base portion is not that important compared to having the blue top.

I don't have anything to trade and am looking purely for a purchase from anyone who might have what I need and can help a fellow with SBAD complete his collection!

QIbBdrI - Imgur.jpg

proxy.php

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice collection, that shelf would look great at my place. Only I would not be allowed to have it in the bathroom. Thanks for sharing those wonderful brushes.

I totally approve of this shelf, and everything on it! Unlike @ajkel64, the bathroom or study would be the only place it would be allowed.
ps. Please reload the image that did not post correctly.

The image that did not load correctly was the same photo, but I could not figure out how to remove it when I did get the photo to post correctly. I did realize after posting I forgot to include my 400PB which is a white top white bottom brush with Pure Badger.

Someone from another forum sent me a photo of a few more unicorns to chase
50000074_2055494104529297_2513469235905167360_n.jpg

LandPirate, I have both the 100 and 150 in the top photo(the far left is a 200). The one in the middle of the bottom photo I also have and is actually next to the Adoration in my photo but looks dark brown due to lighting and the poor quality of the photo. I asked the gent who has those 3 brushes if he ever wanted to sell the burgandy one and he politely said no way. To my luck I found it on the Bay last Fall and bought it from a bad photo from someone wanting to sell a shaving mug with it and paid for the transaction and told them to just ship the brush and was thrilled when I got to see that it was exactly a unicorn I had been searching for. Keep searching....you can get lucky with some perserverance.

Nice display with the checkerboard effect of alternating color on the handle segments. I would have done the same thing!

Also, what is the significance of the little astronaut figurine?

I have been collecting over the last 2 years a certain handle style of Ever Ready that matches to the 100,150, 250 and 400 models as they all have interchangeable parts. I absolutely love this type of handle in my hand.

Below is my current collection which pretty much has about every possible color combination I have ever seen in existence except for the 500 BNL with a lucite bottom.

Now that I have collected all but the 500 BNL, my next project is to start replacing knots in those that need them and also create 10 Franken Handles in color combos that never existed.

At the moment, I have nearly all handles to complete my collection but am actively searching for models with lettering/Stamping on the top of the handle in absolute top condition in the following combos. If you have a combo that is not in the picture or my list below, I am INTERESTED!

1) Black base and white top.

2) 150 models with black top which only have the words Ever Ready(like the red/black one in the middle of this photo). Can be either red or green bottom.

3) Blue top......for this model it can either be the ribbed bottom or curved bottom 100 models as the base portion is not that important compared to having the blue top.

I don't have anything to trade and am looking purely for a purchase from anyone who might have what I need and can help a fellow with SBAD complete his collection!

View attachment 942251
proxy.php

WOW!!! Terrific collection!! :a29:

A little more than a year has passed on my 3+ year journey to collect these specific style Ever Ready brushes in every possible color variation manufactured. I recently took apart several brushes and took out the old knots to create 8 franken versions of color combinations which do not exist.

The only franken brush missing from the photo is the black top / Black bottom version.

When finished, I will have 23 of the same handle style and will wait in the hopes for any owners of the unicorn versions I mention in prior posts to offer theirs for sale as my search is exhausted to find other color variations.

Once I have them all sanded, new knots installed, and the letters touched up, I will update this thread again with better photos to show off in more clarity the color variations.

JWlbCIQ - Imgur.jpg
RtOz0gB - Imgur.jpg
gad71pt - Imgur.jpg

Er - Imgur(2).jpg
Er - Imgur.jpg

The photo quality isn't excellent, but except for waiting to replace the blue top of the blue/red brush with a better version , I have finished sanding, polishing, painting letters, and have 23 versions finished. Some knots need to be set and some more replaced, but I am very happy with how all the handles turned out. With very few and minor cosmetic issues, they are all in top condition.

After 3 years chasing this rabbit, I need to find something else to occupy my time as the unicorns still out there probably won't get caught by me.

Top Bottom