What's new

Smoothest neck shave ever

I have a BBS neck for the first time ever. After a hot shower I face lathered with Captain's Choice Bay Rum and being short on time, proceeded to shave with my Sensor in favor of my DE. I used a standard 2 blade cartridge with somewhere around 8 shaves on it, one pass face, 3 passes on the neck, and my neck has never been smoother. I like using my EJ but no de blade has ever managed to get my neck cleaned up like this.

For around the first 15 years of my shaving career I went back and forth between electrics and Sensors, and the main reason I ever stopped buying Sensors was the price. But now that I'm learning about all the knock-off Trac II and Atra blades available, I'm hoping I can come close to reliving my Sensor days.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For around the first 15 years of my shaving career I went back and forth between electrics and Sensors, and the main reason I ever stopped buying Sensors was the price. But now that I'm learning about all the knock-off Trac II and Atra blades available, I'm hoping I can come close to reliving my Sensor days.
Availability/price of the Sensor is the only reason I came back to DE. The Sensor is hard to beat.

I also came to DEs for the cost factor rather than the results of the shave, and I find the same with the Mach3. I get great results with the DE above the jawline, but for the area below the jawline, I get the best results with the Mach3, so I keep those around just for the final cleanup under my jaw/neck. I use them only occasionally and just in a limited area, so I end up getting about 4 ~ 6 months use out of each cartridge, and a pack of 8 can last me years.

If I'm good with just a DFS, I can get pretty good results with mild J-hooking, but it's never as good (or as carefree) as when using a cart. (Mach3 specifically in my case. The Fusions leave me pretty raw.)

I remember really liking the sensor carts as well, and I still have a few of those lying around. Your post has got me thinking I should give them a try again for the under jaw/neck clean-up passes.

I've also been playing around with Feather cartridges, which have been giving me good results for cleanups, as well. (So far only used the F3 carts.)

Top Bottom