What's new

Fine Lavender Pour Homme

I was looking for a Lavender soap to replace DR Harris Lavender. At last count I have 20 soaps in rotation and that means some don't get as much use as they should. When it was new, DR Harris was really nice. I loved the scent and it shaves really nice. As it has aged though it has gained the scent of dirty gym socks. It somewhat improves when lathered but it just isn't as nice as it was when it was new.

So I tried Fine Lavender Pour Homme. The scent has a few other notes blended in including peppermint, rosemary, bergamot, and oak moss.

The scent is very pleasant. It isn't as pure of a lavender as DR Harris, but still very nice. It is both mild and dominant. It lathers as quickly as Tabac and shaves very nicely. A pleasant surprise is that the puck is a good fit for an Old Spice mug. It has to be pushed down to engage the anti-spin ridges/fins and leaves only a very thin void around the edge that pretty much goes away the first time it is lathered.

I'm very pleased. If only they made a bay rum.

I was looking for a Lavender soap to replace DR Harris Lavender. At last count I have 20 soaps in rotation and that means some don't get as much use as they should. When it was new, DR Harris was really nice. I loved the scent and it shaves really nice. As it has aged though it has gained the scent of dirty gym socks. It somewhat improves when lathered but it just isn't as nice as it was when it was new.

So I tried Fine Lavender Pour Homme. The scent has a few other notes blended in including peppermint, rosemary, bergamot, and oak moss.

The scent is very pleasant. It isn't as pure of a lavender as DR Harris, but still very nice. It is both mild and dominant. It lathers as quickly as Tabac and shaves very nicely. A pleasant surprise is that the puck is a good fit for an Old Spice mug. It has to be pushed down to engage the anti-spin ridges/fins and leaves only a very thin void around the edge that pretty much goes away the first time it is lathered.

I'm very pleased. If only they made a bay rum.

I have it also and I Really Like it.
Great write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review!! Thanks!!

I had a great lather with Fine’s American blend this AM, but have yet to try their lavender.

Would this be a less floral lavender? I have been looking for one, after smelling Yardley English Lavender liquid hand soap and actually liking it.

Historically, I am not a fan of the flowery lav scent. However, if something smelled just like Yardley, I could shave with it every day. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with Yardley, however it is less "flowery" than DR Harris. The base notes probably make it more masculine.

Fine Lavender is the only one in his line I haven't tried. I've been using Lisa's Natural Creations Lavender. It's a very masculine lavender. I mostly use Lavender when I decide to shave at night. It's a nice calming scent.

Fine's Lavender Pour Homme is currently my favorite soap. I love Tabac and Palmolive, and would rate Fine right up there with them. Very easy to lather, and the lather is slick and creamy.

The scent is not a pure lavender, but is definitely lavender-dominant. Very classy.

Fine's Lavender Pour Homme is currently my favorite soap. I love Tabac and Palmolive, and would rate Fine right up there with them. Very easy to lather, and the lather is slick and creamy.

The scent is not a pure lavender, but is definitely lavender-dominant. Very classy.

Agree! Good assessment on a most excellent soap!

Speaking of lavender, CR Salter has a new hard soap with a lavender scent. Thier new formula has tallow. After reading favorable reviews from trusted members, I ordered a couple pucks.

Top Bottom