What's new

Dr. Says no to my cigars :(

Gottah quit smoking my cigars. Been working on some health issues and Dr says I needed to drop them. I have a humidor full of cigars that I’ve kept at 68/68 for over a year. Nice sticks. I’m going to miss them. It will be worth it I suppose. Enjoy the sticks brothers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s to your health. Cheers! Part of the reason I enjoy cigars is the simple act of sitting outside and listening to good music. Taking the time to sit and be still. You can still enjoy some down time without a smoke.

Here’s to your health. Cheers! Part of the reason I enjoy cigars is the simple act of sitting outside and listening to good music. Taking the time to sit and be still. You can still enjoy some down time without a smoke.
Yeah..... it will just take some time. Lol

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Rod:
Health over cigars of course and I hope yours improves for the best with a speedy recovery! :thumbsup:

As for your cigars...I agree with Kent...keep'em for later.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"The physician [advises and] heals…”. Aristotle

Sorry to hear about your health and I hope it's possible to extend your life for a long time by quitting smoking.

But, speaking strictly for myself, if I had a disease that only had a 50/50 chance of improving by quitting smoking or drinking, I would slow down but not quit. I normally smoke 1 cigar per day in the evening outside. In the Winter and Spring I get to enjoy the crisp weather, listen to the rain falling and just relax and reflect on my day or just chat with the wife while we smoke. Summer and Fall is a bit hot and windy here in N-California so we get to stay out a little longer and enjoy hearing the wind in the trees and the leaves falling. All of this helps the body to relax and clear the mind of stress.

There is no magic wand for a long life, you never know when it will end. All the prevention in the world won't stop the end from coming when you least expect it. My doctor and I have had this conversation a few times. I just bring up Jim Fix, the Grapenuts guy who kicked off young. He ate his Grapenuts, ran 20 mi. a day didn't smoke etc. and still dropped dead from a heart attack. But my doctor has been around a bit and quickly tells me it's a bad example as he had a bad heart since childhood and would have died sooner if he didn't do all those things. So I made a deal with the doctor to go from 6 cigars a day to 1, now we're both happy.

I don't know how long you have been smoking, I started smoking cigars when I was 19 and I'll be 64 in 3 weeks. For some strange reason I'm not addicted to nicotine, I haven't smoked since the middle of December due to a very bad cold/flu, it always goes straight to my bronchial tubes, so no smoking until it clears. I'm ready to begin again since it all cleared up, I really enjoy the smell of tobacco.

Sorry for the long post, just the random thoughts from a old geezer :wheelchair: . Speedy recovery and save those cigars for the occasional special moment.

Top Bottom