What's new

Gone but bot forgotten

Williams, Tabac stick, and Haslinger Schafmilch were all finished in 2018. I have several pucks of Williams and Haslinger and two pucks of Tabac so no need to make any purchases in 2019.

B&M Bay Rum--maybe, but while I love the performance, I am only luke-warm on the scent. Prob. try a new B&M reserve scent instead.
B&M Taiga--I would have, but it is gone.
First Canadian Barbershop--nothing wrong with it, but I am not going to buy it again

Midnight & Two unscented aftershave balm--yes works great.

Let’s see if I can backtrack...

Just about done with a puck of vintage AOS tallow soap. I have a couple lemon pucks in reserve.

C&E Nomad soap took up a full third of 2018. Won’t seek anymore.

The partial puck of vintage Old Spice preceded Nomad. I have a full puck left and if I find more at a reasonable price, I’ll buy it.

bonté cream lasted about 3 months. Very good budget cream.

Started the year with AOS Eucalyptus cream. It was a 2 month product. AOS creams are fine performers with nice scents.

Snuck in a couple travel shaves with other creams, too, but that was it for 2018!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The only soap I've finished this year that's on the repeat purchase list, is Mitchell's Wool Fat. I did get myself a replacement, but it will stay in the drawer until I've done more exploration.

I'm predominantly a "one soap at a time" type person, although I am dabbling with a few samples at the moment, which may increase the repeat purchase list as 2019 unfolds.

Finished a small travel tub of Proraso Green soap. Was curious so I bought the cream in a tube. Fantastic as well.
Also finished a regular red tub of Proraso. I'll get a replacement of it I loved the scent too much.

Finished a 2oz Catie's Bubbles sample of Midnight Dreary. This soap is awesome both performance and scentwise but most probably I will try another scent.

Finished a Nivea Original tube of cream which I will not repurchase mostly because it leaves a white residue on my hardware which other soaps don't.

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If you think Nivea is bad in white residue, you should see Proraso white!
Proraso White does leave a white residue on the hardware, even after just 1 shave but for me this outweighs the performance. It is a soap that I use every Monday without fail.

Proraso White does leave a white residue on the hardware, even after just 1 shave but for me this outweighs the performance. It is a soap that I use every Monday without fail.

Performance wise, i find the white mediocre, but i also use it for the excellent post shave and the refreshing scent. Performance wise, i think the Nivea beats the Proraso white easily. But, such preferences might be affected by different water too and also bowl vs face lathering.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Performance wise, i find the white mediocre, but i also use it for the excellent post shave and the refreshing scent. Performance wise, i think the Nivea beats the Proraso white easily. But, such preferences might be affected by different water too and also bowl vs face lathering.
I love the Nivea White Sensitive Cream very much, I also like the Nivea Blue Cream as well. I even find the Nivea canned range of shaving creams and foams to be very good. I love Proraso White, Green and especially the Red. I would agree with you that the Nivea is a better product, especially for shavers like me with sensitive skin.

During my 2018 Shaving Purchase Sabbatical I finished a tub of Cella, one puck of Haslinger’s schafmilch and one puck of Haslingers aloe vera!! (Clearly a personal record!!) :a14::a14::a14:

Prior to taking part in the 2017 Sabbatical, I stocked up on my favorite soaps and subsequently had too many! After failing, I attempted the 2018 Sabbatical, and even though I still had soaps, I stocked up a couple more! Failed in 2018 as well, but made it a point for the year to use up soaps. All the soaps below were purchased throughout 2016 and I am 2/3 of the way through the last tub from 2016! All those soaps were used in a rotation from 2016 through 2018. To be clear, I did not start and use 6 tubs in 2018 alone, but started and used from 2016 to the end of 2018!

What I finished up:
Shannon's Soaps Nil 2 tubs
Mike's Natural Soaps unscented 1 tub
Mystic Water Sensitive Skin 1 tub
Barrister & Mann white label unscented 2 tubs

I finished my pucks of Tabac and GFT Eucris, both will be replaced this week during the 2019 sabbatical restock.
Both work great for me.

3017'd:

Williams (have more)
L'Occitane Cade Soap (will probably buy more)
Electric Sheep (Sample)
Nivea Men Sensitive (have more)
Col. Conk Amber (Still have other scents)

Top Bottom