What's new

107 Year-Old Barber

Came across this story of a barber who is 107 years old and still puts in a 40-hour week. He started cutting hair when he was 11 years old and has been doing it for 96 years! He drives to work every day.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
So how does it feel?
“I don’t know, I am just happy I am still a barber,” Mancinelli said.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I wonder how his legs do it. I started cutting hair at 17, and nearly 40 years later I've had numerous surgeries for varicose veins.

There is a man who works out at the gym I go to. Most of the folks who work out at the time we are there are usually much older. I got into a discussion with him and he told me he was 89 years old and goes to the gym four times a week. He drives a car and has a vigorous exercise program. I asked him why he works out so early (he is there at 7:00 a.m.) and he said he likes to look at the younger females in yoga pants!

Freakin cool! I love these stories! My personal barber, Bob is 94 this year and still cutting hair at least 40 hours a week, but half the time he is napping in his chair watching the oldies channel. I wrote a post about him a couple of years ago. It's too bad we recently moved to St. Louis, so technically he's not my barber anymore.... Sigh...

There is a man who works out at the gym I go to. Most of the folks who work out at the time we are there are usually much older. I got into a discussion with him and he told me he was 89 years old and goes to the gym four times a week. He drives a car and has a vigorous exercise program. I asked him why he works out so early (he is there at 7:00 a.m.) and he said he likes to look at the younger females in yoga pants!

LOL.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My father turned 81 yesterday. He and my mother traveled to Houston with us yesterday for medical appointments for my wife. Pops and I hit the gym this morning at 0500 and we walked on side by side treadmills for an hour. We then went to our rooms and showered and had breakfast together here at the hotel.
He can still run circles around me and I know he works harder than I do. He does his own landscaping, cleans his own pool, and washes his own truck.
He still hunts but I have to clean the animals he harvests but I think he just likes having me do it.
Much different work ethics through the ages.

My father turned 81 yesterday. He and my mother traveled to Houston with us yesterday for medical appointments for my wife. Pops and I hit the gym this morning at 0500 and we walked on side by side treadmills for an hour. We then went to our rooms and showered and had breakfast together here at the hotel.
He can still run circles around me and I know he works harder than I do. He does his own landscaping, cleans his own pool, and washes his own truck.
He still hunts but I have to clean the animals he harvests but I think he just likes having me do it.
Much different work ethics through the ages.
Nice story. :thumbup:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This is the old man I aspire to be one day. :)

Top Bottom