What's new

Custom D01 Shavemac - 20% off, 3 knot sizes, 3 handle choices, 3 colors, engraving

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAVEMAC D01 SALE LINK

SALE ENDS MARCH 1ST

I tell ya, that Bernd is one hell of a guy!

He has responded to our queries with an INCREDIBLE offer!
We only need 25 people to make this work, and he has offered an amazing 20% discount on the legendary Custom D01 Shavemacs!

Price is determined by knot size.

Knot choices:
19mm (46 mm loft) - $99.92
20mm (48 mm loft) - $108.74
21mm (50 mm loft) - $117.56

Brush Shape Choices:
Bulb
Fan

Handle choices:
Handle 1
Handle 2
Handle 3

Color choices:
Black
White
Horn Imitation

*I think that it is important to note here that you can mix & match ANY color with ANY handle*

You also have the option to add an engraving of your name or initials!
(this is an additional charge of $11.34)

proxy.php

If you are still not sure that a D01 Shavemac is right for you...
Here are some threads/reviews that might help convince you to join the D01's Band of Brothers: :biggrin:
Shavemac 23mm silvertip special grade
Shavemac Special Grade Real Horn
Shavemac Genuine Horn Dual Review: D01 & Silvertip
My New Custom Shavemac!!!!!
Two Shavemac sizes
New Shavemac here too!
Custom Shavemac Questions...
Here's my Custom Shavemac....
Genuine Horn Shavemac + Simpson Makeover
New Custom Shavemac is great
Shavemac Brush pr0n - NSFW
New Shavemac with Natural Horn Handle
Shavemac 23mm silvertip special grade
My new custom shavemac-d01.
Custom Horn Brush
Custom Horn Brush: Part 2 (Image Heavy)
My new Shavemac

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is a great deal! These D01 brushes are really special and the discount prices are very competitive. :thumbup1:

Wow, spectacular deal. Too bad I already got mine several months ago, this woulda saved me a chunk of change, although I still prefer my handle to the ones shown.

not wishing to pi*s on the parade here, but i personally had an unfavourable experience with bernd and shavemac a while back, with the result that i personally would never buy another shavemac brush ever again. of course YMMV, but it's not all sweetness and light and they can sometimes get things wrong. maybe things have improved with them.

Last edited:
not wishing to pi*s on the parade here, but i personally had an unfavourable experience with bernd and shavemac a while back, with the result that i personally would never buy another shavemac brush ever again. of course YMMV, but it's not all sweetness and light and they can sometimes get things wrong. maybe things have improved with them.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I was wondering what went wrong? It sounds like it was pretty bad. I've actually never heard a single negative customer service review about Shavemac, so I'm very interested.

not wishing to pi*s on the parade here,.

That's kind of like saying "Not to offend anyone..." you can pretty much be sure that the resulting statement is about to offend.

Strange to hear of a bad experience at Shavemac that didn't get taken care of. It's a rare occurrence that shavers go away unhappy from that shop but it's bound to happen as wet shaving becomes more and more popular.

There have been a number of group buys over the last year that have gone off without a problem.

no offence meant or taken. this is a forum and everyone's allowed to have their say after all. my experience with shavemac wasn't great and i wanted to introduce a bit of balance to the discussion rather than just all positive re: shavemac as has been presented here.

my experience with them was about 3 years ago and wasn't good. i did try to resolve it with bernd but it didn't work out. the brush i bought cost around £70 / $100. it was good for the first couple of months but then it started to shed badger like nobody's business and it kept getting worse and worse. the brush used to lose about 5 or 6 hairs a shave, sometimes 10!

eventually after a few weeks of this i dropped bernd an email explaining the problem. he requested that i send the brush back to him in germany so that he could personally examine it. at my own cost i sent it back to him and then a week later he emailed me and told me that the brush was damaged in some way and beyond repair and that it must have been the way i was using it that caused the damage. i was surprised at this as I've been wetshaving with badger brushes for over 8 years and take great care of my brushes. i also have a collection of about 12 or so brushes from a variety of manufacturers (simpson, plisson, vulfix, kent, edwin jagger etc.) some many years old and all of which are treated (i.e. used) in exactly the same way by me as the shavemac but without any problems whatsoever.

i told this to bernd and he was unable to offer any explanation as to why the shavemac had practically fallen apart after only a few months use, yet my other brushes were still going strong. he refused to provide me with a refund or even a replacement brush. all he would offer me was 20% off a new brush. i did not take him up on this offer.

i can of course only comment on my experience. if i am the only customer ever to get a bum deal from shavemac then i guess i've just been terribly, terribly unlucky.

Last edited:
The only brush I own is the C&E BBB. This is higher than I want to pay for a 2nd brush but it seems like a great deal.

Which knot size would compliment my C&E BBB? I use soaps 75% of the time. I lather in a mug 75% and face lather 25%.

The only brush I own is the C&E BBB. This is higher than I want to pay for a 2nd brush but it seems like a great deal.

Which knot size would compliment my C&E BBB? I use soaps 75% of the time. I lather in a mug 75% and face lather 25%.

Yep, definitely a great deal - this is honestly one of the best brushes out there, and will last you decades. As far as knot size, I think that they all would fit your mug/face lathering situation - just depends on how much you want to spend. You might save money by going with a 19mm knot and a fan shape, that should work amazingly with your mug/face lathering situation.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Lest anyone think otherwise, I just want to confirm that this is not an official "B&B Group Buy" (the sort that you see here from time to time ... including whatever might or might not be 'in the works' :001_rolle).

The Mods may or may not take an official position on this ... it is under discussion ... but I don't want people thinking that this has the imprimatur of B&B, and relying on that when deciding whether or not to join this endeavour.

Bernd also sells the tabac shave sticks for less than $12. It might slow down your order through customs, but they are hard to come by in the US, and $12 is a bargain.

Lest anyone think otherwise, I just want to confirm that this is not an official "B&B Group Buy" (the sort that you see here from time to time ... including whatever might or might not be 'in the works' :001_rolle).

The Mods may or may not take an official position on this ... it is under discussion ... but I don't want people thinking that this has the imprimatur of B&B, and relying on that when deciding whether or not to join this endeavour.

The way Bernd has it worded is "Group Offer" since the brushes really aren't being bought together. Perhaps the phrasing on the thread and signatures needs to be updated.

Yep, definitely a great deal - this is honestly one of the best brushes out there, and will last you decades. As far as knot size, I think that they all would fit your mug/face lathering situation - just depends on how much you want to spend. You might save money by going with a 19mm knot and a fan shape, that should work amazingly with your mug/face lathering situation.

Why do you suggest a fan shape? I think the C&E BBB is a bulb shape right? Knot would be smaller than my current brush but I wonder how the other dimensions would compare.

Why do you suggest a fan shape? I think the C&E BBB is a bulb shape right? Knot would be smaller than my current brush but I wonder how the other dimensions would compare.

Oh, I just suggested that because the fan shape would make the brush "seem" larger - thus you could still save money by getting a smaller knot, while it would in fact work and feel like a bigger brush.

Hi guys.
I'm eying a 21mm, bulb shape. Can you help me out making up my mind?

I'm using mostly soap (99%) and lather directly on face. Does anyone knows how does this brush compare to:
- rooney
- BBE

Thank you for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom