What's new

Post Your Favorite TV Series!

People Just Do Nothing was pretty easy watching and consistent, just got up to date and realised how much I've watched over the past few years....it's rare a tv show holds my attention for more that a season or two.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Here you go ... this will get you started on the best television ever.

Runner-up ...

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I record Emergency!, the old 1970's series.

Yes! Everytime I see Kevin Tighe I remember that show lol.

index.jpg

This too.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-16-at-10.44.49-AM-1024x572.png

NBC had the best shows like that. Wednesdays is still like that on NBC; Chicago PD, Chicago Fire and Chicago Med.

Many good recommendations.
I would add the following:
Mad Men
The Detectorists
Battlestar Galactica (not the original )
The Twilight Zone (original)
sCRYed (anime)
Samurai 7(anime)

That is a series, that is actually better than the book it comes from. I 've read the book the plot towards the end was total disappointment. The series has already abandoned the book and has taken a plot of its own (it is way past the point that the book ends and the plot runs rogue).

This may be the first show or movie I truly appreciate better than the book! Although, 11.22.63 was presented VERY well for a short TV series! Man, that Sarah Gadon!!!

This may be the first show or movie I truly appreciate better than the book! Although, 11.22.63 was presented VERY well for a short TV series! Man, that Sarah Gadon!!!

When was that aired? Which channel?

The things I’ve missed the past two years since I started my masters degree....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, usually, when you hear they make a series from a book, you have to start worrying. In some cases i run to buy the book and read it first, so that the TV doesn't ruin it for me! :001_302: But, someone in Amazon hired a very clever man for plot writing. And very good main actors too.

I haven't read 11.22.63, i have only seen the series. Good.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Smiley's People
Cadfael
Wolf Hall
Endeavor
Babylon Berlin
The Crown
Black Adder
Mash
Seinfeld

Also, almost everything by Ken Burns (Civil War, Baseball, The War, Prohibition, etc...)

And, ok, yeah, Twin Peaks, I guess.

I hadn't really thought about it, but I don't even own anything anymore to play DVD's or CD's, except the unused CD player in my car! Even my computer has no disc drive.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I hadn't really thought about it, but I don't even own anything anymore to play DVD's or CD's, except the unused CD player in my car! Even my computer has no disc drive.
I’ll always have a DVD player. It seems now we have fancy hi def TVs to watch compressed video on. It’s akin to listening to MP3s McIntosh stereo equipment.

I’ll always have a DVD player. It seems now we have fancy hi def TVs to watch compressed video on. It’s akin to listening to MP3s McIntosh stereo equipment.

I will say I miss the days where my stereo took half my living room, and I needed help to shift the TV, but at the same time, I'm quite happy to move with the times on this stuff, as I've come to be very minimal and live a life on the constant go. The MP3 player in my car is pretty 'Old School' now though :p

There's a lot of good ones. I'm not usually much into British TV, but I just finished watching Bodyguard on Netflix. I would highly recommend it.

Top Bottom