What's new

Extremely hard SV soap puck

I love SV soaps and the first one was Dolomiti. This was very easy to lather , as was others which was luxurious. I have bought 2 pucks less than half usual price but it had been quite difficult to lather. The pucks seem extra hard and I think this is the problem. I have never had this problem even with MWF. I think what I will do is grate the puck unless anyone has thoughts on this. Blooming does not help.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Sit it in a little water overnight, and when you come to use it, turn it over so the softened side that was sitting in the water is on top.

What is SV
I love SV soaps and the first one was Dolomiti. This was very easy to lather , as was others which was luxurious. I have bought 2 pucks less than half usual price but it had been quite difficult to lather. The pucks seem extra hard and I think this is the problem. I have never had this problem even with MWF. I think what I will do is grate the puck unless anyone has thoughts on this. Blooming does not help.
what is SV?

Thanks everyone, I decided to grate the soap and pressed into the tin again. Then lathered with a wet brush . It performs again as in the past. I can only think it had been stored by the vendor in a warm place for a few years!

Top Bottom