What's new

What's a good synthetic brush under $30?

Looking to purchase a synthetic brush under $30 for a gift but I'm not sure where to start looking. I currently own a Omega boar brush but I'm not the biggest fan of it compared to the synthetic brush I have from Maggard. Thanks.

Razorock has some offerings well below that price point. The Atomic Rocket has gotten some good attention here too and is also quite the bargain.

another vote for yaqi.. i have mysterious space and the moka express.. the moka is my favourite by far, softest tips, excellent splay and excellent handle to hold

+1 for Razorock plissoft synthetics.
You can buy their brushes directly from their site here, and in most cases it's actually cheaper than places like Amazon.
I have the Italian flag brush and love it.

RazoRock brushes are great. I got their Big Bruce brush for $13.00 and it's the best brush I ever used, bar none. Here is a picture of it. It has a 26mm knot and a 60mm loft.
(BIG BRUCE) RazoRock Plissoft BIG BRUCE Synthetic Shaving Brush – ItalianBarber

RazoRock Big Bruce.JPG

Last edited:
I have a Razorock Big Bruce and a Yaqi Sagrada Familia, both stellar synthetic brushes!

Note of interest: the Atomic Rocket and the Big Bruce are the same Plissoft knot, different handle.

Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synthetic Shaving Brush - $16.95 on Amazon, the greatest brush I have ever used, so good I bought 2 more to put away....just in case :)

Purchased both the Yaqi Moka and Atomic Rocket brushes.. thanks for the recommendations everyone.

congrats on your purchase, let us know how you get along with them. I also have a plissoft synth from razorock, the synthetic silvertip BC clear.. it is also an nice brush but for some reason most love goes the the moka

congrats on your purchase, let us know how you get along with them. I also have a plissoft synth from razorock, the synthetic silvertip BC clear.. it is also an nice brush but for some reason most love goes the the moka
Thanks. I'll take a look at RazoRock's offerings soon.

Top Bottom