What's new

Thoughts on Nivea Men's Body Shaving Stick?

Hi I was wondering if anyone has used niveas body shave stick before I haven't found much information or reviews on it I saw it the other day on clearance at Walgreen's for $3.28 I wasn't sure to pick it up

That was me, two weeks ago. I decided that at a 50% discount, I'd get it. Glad I did.

There are posts here that question its ability to lather with a brush. I can confirm that it does lather with a brush, and quite nicely. The attribute I like most is the slickness of the lather.

Report back if you decide to get it.

That was me, two weeks ago. I decided that at a 50% discount, I'd get it. Glad I did.

There are posts here that question its ability to lather with a brush. I can confirm that it does lather with a brush, and quite nicely. The attribute I like most is the slickness of the lather.

Report back if you decide to get it.
Thank you for you for a responsealso I did end up finding it at a local grocery store here that use to have Williams maybe not here while back but the stick was 4.56 each tempted to get one to test out never got to try the cream out

Never heard of it, I'll have to look out for this one. Not that I don't already have enough shaving soaps to choke 20 donkeys.....

Well tonight I ended back up at Walgreen's picked up a stick at $3.28 I thought maybe give this a try if I like it maybe I'll see if I want or maybe not pick up another I'll probably use my brush with it

Well tonight I ended back up at Walgreen's picked up a stick at $3.28 I thought maybe give this a try if I like it maybe I'll see if I want or maybe not pick up another I'll probably use my brush with it

Let us know how it goes.

Give Nivea credit. The dispenser is top notch. Though I don't think it's worth the full retail price that Walgreen's was asking. When I finish it...if I finish it...I'll use the stick dispenser for a melt-and-pour with one of my glycerine soaps.

Let us know how it goes.

Give Nivea credit. The dispenser is top notch. Though I don't think it's worth the full retail price that Walgreen's was asking. When I finish it...if I finish it...I'll use the stick dispenser for a melt-and-pour with one of my glycerine soaps.
Any things to know about this soap? Does it require much water I saw a few YouTube videos that were posted almost a year ago that the soap explodes with a brush and it's pretty slick

Any things to know about this soap? Does it require much water I saw a few YouTube videos that were posted almost a year ago that the soap explodes with a brush and it's pretty slick

Not really. It doesn't seem too finicky.

I just apply a good layer to me beard and go to town with my brush. I soak my brush, shake once and go. If necessary, I'll dip it into the sink water.

Ended up using the stick again this morning and ended up with a better shave been seeing this on clearance at Walgreens or few in the Max while shopping for other things or just for 4.95 at a local grocery store

Ended up using the stick again this morning and ended up with a better shave been seeing this on clearance at Walgreens or few in the Max while shopping for other things or just for 4.95 at a local grocery store

Yes, I've been seeing it discounted too. Need to grab another. I think it's one of my slickest soaps. Nivea has flown under the radar and will likely be gone soon.

Yes, I've been seeing it discounted too. Need to grab another. I think it's one of my slickest soaps. Nivea has flown under the radar and will likely be gone soon.
Hope maybe I can find another or a few on clearance but I know my local grocery chain has them but I've seen a few Walgreens or one of them disappear from the store sadly never got to try the cream when it was around

PROS: It lathers easily, and it's economical (a little goes a long way. The scent is inoffensive. The format is convenient.

CONS: While the soap is slick, I find it provides very little protection. I've used it for two weeks now, hoping to dial it in by using it for every shave. I don't think I've had as many weepers since I began wet shaving!

It's not really a soap (saponified fats), it's detergent (sodium laureth sulfate), for what it's worth.

My overall impression is "meh." I'll keep the one I have for traveling, but I won't replace it.

Top Bottom