What's new

First shave with my new Timeless Bronze SB ----- Holy Cow !

IMG_3318.jpg

Okay Gents ..... I just enjoyed my first shave with my beautiful new Timeless Bronze SB.
Now, I am not normally impressed by exaggeration or superlative hyperbole, but I must
admit, in all honesty, that it was one of the best shaves I have ever had -----
Yaqi Chianti 24 mm. brush, face lathered with Stirling Barbershop soap, and a fresh new
Feather loaded into the Bronze. Holy Cow ! Absolute perfection ! Two and a half passes
of pure shaving delight ! Osma alum block, finished off (after a cool water rinse) with
Stirling Barbershop AS splash, and a few minutes later with Stirling Barbershop balm.
Ahhhhh, my dear friends ..... Life is good ! Yes, I know, you doubting pundits are
probably snickering and thinking that it's only the excitement of my new razor that's
causing my fantastic thoughts. Perhaps, ..... but if the next few shaves are as delightful
as this one was, I may very well want to "PIF" my other razors to the B&B world.

View attachment 935832

Okay Gents ..... I just enjoyed my first shave with my beautiful new Timeless Bronze SB.
Now, I am not normally impressed by exaggeration or superlative hyperbole, but I must
admit, in all honesty, that it was one of the best shaves I have ever had -----
Yaqi Chianti 24 mm. brush, face lathered with Stirling Barbershop soap, and a fresh new
Feather loaded into the Bronze. Holy Cow ! Absolute perfection ! Two and a half passes
of pure shaving delight ! Osma alum block, finished off (after a cool water rinse) with
Stirling Barbershop AS splash, and a few minutes later with Stirling Barbershop balm.
Ahhhhh, my dear friends ..... Life is good ! Yes, I know, you doubting pundits are
probably snickering and thinking that it's only the excitement of my new razor that's
causing my fantastic thoughts. Perhaps, ..... but if the next few shaves are as delightful
as
this one was, I may very well want to "PIF" my other razors to the B&B world.
Beautiful razor. What blade gap?

Awesome, Glad you found a dream shave! Many more to come, I also enjoy timeless razors find them all smooth and agree with my face very much. Have yet to try any bronze offerings, happy shaves!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Beautiful razor, congratulations and I am glad that it lived up to your expectations.

Thank you for your reply. .38 with Feather blade works for you. I will go for the .95 gap?? Glad you love the razor. FM

The brass doesnt do any other gap as far as i Know. The head is different to the others which have .95 gaps so is not 3 times milder! I have the .95 in stainless steel and love it

The brass doesnt do any other gap as far as i Know. The head is different to the others which have .95 gaps so is not 3 times milder! I have the .95 in stainless steel and love it

Timeless now has another bronze razor --- the 0.78 blade gap open comb razor.
You may want to read about it on their website and in many on-line reviews.

I love your review, your excitement comes through loud & clear! So happy you're pleased with the razor. It is a beautiful work of art, enjoy it for many years!

I love your review, your excitement comes through loud & clear! So happy you're pleased with the razor. It is a beautiful work of art, enjoy it for many years!

Thank You Sir ! Best regards for a wonderful Christmas & New Year season !

I'm in. Quick, before the shine fades :)

Kidding aside, it is a beautiful razor though, and am glad you are that happy with it.

M

member 119848

The Timeless bronze is definitely a beauty.
If I´m correct, its design holds the blade in a very rigid fashion...
Congratulations!

I'm in. Quick, before the shine fades :)

Kidding aside, it is a beautiful razor though, and am glad you are that happy with it.

Thanks a lot ! And a mighty "thank you" to all you fine gents
for your enthusiastic support and terrific comments !

Are you doing anything with the razor ? or simply allowing the "patina" to develop on its own ?

Doing nothing, just allowing it to age on the counter - it seems to be developing an almost iridescent sheen, and I look forward to seeing it develop! I suspect I could easily reverse it with copper/bronze polish, but I really like the "character" it's showing. On this razor, "bright" and "aged" both look beautiful IMO, but I favor the no-maintenance approach - and the 3,000 year-old bronze implements I have seen and held seem to have weathered pretty well...:001_smile

Top Bottom