What's new

Got a 15/16 Herder Coming

Went through the films progression finishing on diamond/balsa. No messing around. I want this sucker shave ready. I can't let the Wade and Butcher True Wedge out do it. :a29:

I haven’t honed an SS razor yet, but SS knives take longer for me to put an edge on it.

With my razors I always use a loupe to visually check my edge.

I haven’t honed an SS razor yet, but SS knives take longer for me to put an edge on it.

With my razors I always use a loupe to visually check my edge.
Yes, I think I got it. The morning will tell. I don't use a loupe but I am not a member of the crazies...LOL

Got the Herder shave ready last night following the burr method with more laps than with my vintage carbon blade razors. I am guessing maybe 100 cumulative laps on 30 micron over two hone process. I was fooled initially thinking the blade was sharp and near shave ready. At the end of the day, I learned something about honing and bonded with another SR.

Today's shave was really outstanding. I am breathing a sigh of relief as I had a made more of an investment in this razor and didn't want something I could not use. The point I think is a SS shave is similar to a carbon steel razor, but it takes a longer time to achieve true shave ready.

There is no difference using between your nose, I have seen many people in this world and not a single has had a 5/8 space between the nose and where the mustache starts. Doesn't matter the size, you will need to "scoop"

There is no difference using between your nose, I have seen many people in this world and not a single has had a 5/8 space between the nose and where the mustache starts. Doesn't matter the size, you will need to "scoop"
Yes.

Top Bottom