What's new

NGD..... New Guitar Day

This was supposed to be for xmas but no harm in getting an early pressie hey
upload_2018-11-26_15-10-16.gif

she aint a Martin but the craftsmanship in finish is perfect and the sound absolutely amazing and at a fraction of the price. Had absolutely no intention of getting a yammy but thank the lord for the internet.. there were way too many positive replies on yamaha guitars in general i had to get one as my first (and hopefully last) acoustic guitar

Awesome abalone work around sound hole and binding, all solid woods including Rosewood back and sides and Engelmann Spruce Top with A.R.E, passive system + SRT Piezo pickup, 5 ply neck, Elixir Strings and included a hard case.

What the hell am i doing at work!!! just wanna get home

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-26_15-10-16.gif
    upload_2018-11-26_15-10-16.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 3
As long as you are enjoying playing, then it is perfect. My guitar is not top of the line, and I don't play well or often, but it brings me satisfaction none the less.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with a Yamaha!! That's a nice one too!

There'll be a Gibson Les Paul under my tree this year, along with a Marshall!

I like the bindings on this. Yamaha make nice instruments. I play classical and have been wanting a Yamaha GC42 for a while but don’t have the $ to shell out for one.
Hope you enjoy the guitar.

thanks for your replies guys, loving this guitar :) Its my first acoustic and mate what a difference to the electrics i have. What i found so far was this is much harder to play, and your mistakes are not covered up by the amp. Tell you what though once I have this sorted i have no doubt the playing of my bouzoukia and electrics will improve dramatically.

@Lightcs1776 you are spot on mate, a good guitar is one that you enjoy playing

@ajkel64 cheers mate

@Kristian F. This yammy is perfect for me.. sound amazing and at a good price, im not one to be hung up on brands, if it sounds great and plays well i love it. one thing i noticed, was that after a few hours playing last night i plugged in each of my electrics to comapre and didnt really enjoy the amplified distorted sound, i really dug the natural acoustic sound

awesome mate.. what model Les Paul and Marshall amp you getting?

@barko78 yeah too right, the abalone bindings/soundhole is what drew me to this model. The LL16M is the exact same model, even with the abalone soundhole for $200 less, but when i saw both in person i had to get the D model.
Just saw the GC42, man that thing looks sweet and for that price point must sound it too

Last edited:
thanks for your replies guys, loving this guitar :) Its my first acoustic and mate what a difference to the electrics i have. What i found so far was this is much harder to play, and your mistakes are not covered up by the amp. Tell you what though once I have this sorted i have no doubt the playing of my bouzoukia and electrics will improve dramatically.

@Lightcs1776 you are spot on mate, a good guitar is one that you enjoy playing

@ajkel64 cheers mate

@Kristian F. This yammy is perfect for me.. sound amazing and at a good price, im not one to be hung up on brands, if it sounds great and plays well i love it. one thing i noticed, was that after a few hours playing last night i plugged in each of my electrics to comapre and didnt really enjoy the amplified distorted sound, i really dug the natural acoustic sound

awesome mate.. what model Les Paul and Marshall amp you getting?

@barko78 yeah too right, the abalone bindings/soundhole is what drew me to this model. The LL16M is the exact same model, even with the abalone soundhole for $200 less, but when i saw both in person i had to get the D model.
Just saw the GC42, man that thing looks sweet and for that price point must sound it too

A Classic, and really can't decide between a Marshall Origin or a DSL (I've owned 70's JMPs and Master Volumes..I was spoiled..wanting what might sound closest..thinking Origin 50H, on a Greenback cab..had to part with some stuff unexpextedly, and since I'm not gigging at the time, a nice home rig (that sounds BIG..no wimpy tone here!) that sounds pleasing everytime..

I've owned a 70's Strat in natural much like your avatar! (and my old rig :D)
20170528_165146_HDR-1.jpg

So while not needing that kind of firepower at the moment...thinking the Origin 50H on a 412 should get me there..most likely Greenbacks! (they do sound great on Vintage 30s as well..choices choices! :D)

@Kristian F. first of all let me say that strat is gorgeous. I just looked up the specs on your proposed gear and mate you dont muck around, sounds like you got an awesome guitar and amp coming your way.. those are worth big bucks over here, practically double the price...

congrats and im sure you will be having a very merry xmas, at the expense of your neighbours lol

wow, that's a really cool assortment of strings :a14:

side question since this is a shaving forum and this thread will probably attract other guitarists - Has anyone else noticed or thought that the Speick stick smells exactly like a vintage instrument/guitar case? i just got my first stick of it and that's what immediately came to mind when i sniffed it, the insides of my dad's old guitar cases from the 80s. Like a nice mix of Pino sylvestre and old wood.

Congrats!! If it was the same model I played on in a shop, had a very nice neck and feel! 'High End' is over rated in everything anyway ... I was deciding between two awhile ago, Gibson J-35 and an Epiphone Texan. I had people play them so I could walk far away and around the room listening, and then going by feel, I will never part with the Texan now!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nice, my first guitar was a Yamaha nylon string (I was 10-12 years old in the picture)

guitar.JPG

Had absolutely no intention of getting a yammy but thank the lord for the internet.. there were way too many positive replies on yamaha guitars in general i had to get one as my first (and hopefully last) acoustic guitar

Late to the thread to congratulate you on discovering how much guitar you can get for your money with a Yamaha.
My first decent acoustic guitar was a Yamaha 12-string I picked up as a young army private in Germany. The exchange rate made it an even better deal -- the sound and playability that could be had for $160 was impressive.
It remained my main guitar... until yesterday, when I stumbled on a barely-used Taylor 310 CE on consignment for $600 and change... and snapped it up before someone else did. Some days you get lucky.

Last edited:
Late to the thread to congratulate you on discovering how much guitar you can get for your money with a Yamaha.
My first decent acoustic guitar was a Yamaha 12-string I picked up as a young army private in Germany. The exchange rate made it an even better deal -- the sound and playability that could be had for $160 was impressive.
It remained my main guitar... until yesterday, when I stumbled on a barely-used Taylor 310 CE on consignment for $600 and change... and snapped it up before someone else did. Some days you get lucky.

cheers mate!! congrats on your taylor score, nice deal

Top Bottom