What's new

Help me decide on a S.E. safety razor that accepts Feather Pro blades

Not new to S.E. but missing a S.E. razor that accepts Feather Pro type blades.

Have a CJB Kamisori style shavette and Feather blades in transit.

Currently have a tidy collection of Schick injectors and GEM razors.

Looking for advice on what S.E. razor for Feather Artist Club series blades to try. Pivot or no pivot?

I'm sitting on a ton of Kai Titan blades. I'm very interested in this thread too.
I only know of the Mongoose. I suspect there are more options out there though.

I bought an aluminium ATT SE1 head and put it on a Yintal solid brass handle, which worked out really good value. Came in at 92g, head being 17g, and very comfortable and balanced to hold. I like it and the SE1 gets a lot of love on these pages.

IMG_4319.jpg

The low budget option would be the RazoRock Hawk, which is actually a very good razor at any price, if not the most aesthetically pleasing. I find it easy to use and very efficient. I would say that, for an AC razor, it is on the milder side, but that doesn't matter to me since the results are good. I also like the ATT SE1 in aluminium, which I initially found was not quite as easy to use, but now really like. I prefer it to the ATT stainless steel version, mainly because I appreciate the lower weight of the aluminium model. Also, the aluminium one is significantly cheaper, and has a distinctive look I rather like.

Just took a look at the RazoRock Hawk they appear to be sold out but price seems reasonable. Thanks

If you can find them, the Colonial Razor Generals are very nice. I've got them in aluminum (aluminium for those across the pond) and stainless steel (there's also a brass version). The Occam razor is very good too, but looks a bit weird for most tastes. One nice thing about that one is that it comes with 3 interchangeable plates for different levels of aggression.
If you're looking for aggressive, the Ikon El Jefe / MR SE is also a fairly cost-effective option.

I’ve got a silver Hawk v2 on the way that I’m stoked to try out, thanks to a friend.

If I had the funds and the luck to find one, I’d have bought the Colonial General Brass...well any of the versions for that matter. Those things are beautiful and get great reviews. I hope the v2, whenever it comes, is a bit more reasonable in price, and produced more widely.

Not new to S.E. but missing a S.E. razor that accepts Feather Pro type blades.

Have a CJB Kamisori style shavette and Feather blades in transit.

Currently have a tidy collection of Schick injectors and GEM razors.

Looking for advice on what S.E. razor for Feather Artist Club series blades to try. Pivot or no pivot?

I recently purchased Occam's razor, and so far am very happy with it. Cost is reasonable and as previously mentioned, does include a milder and a more aggressive plate. Definitely accepts Feather Pro blades (as well as all AC type blades).

I definitely recommend the Razorock Hawk it’s mild but very efficient.
The aluminum handle is to light I just use a heavier handle.
I have one and use it occasionally.
I also have a kamisori style razor and a few DE and SE razors.
What makes it so good is the blade.
I really don’t think that there are bad razors for the AC blade.
But the Razorock Hawk is very good and very affordable.

Razorock seems like a good contender. Seems to be on back order. I have one aluminum handle and agree that it can be light and off balance.

I have a V2 Aluminum Hawk and I've tried an Aluminum General. They give similar shaves and either one makes a great intro to AC razors. As some have mentioned, they're on the mild side for AC SEs, but I use them with Feather Pro Supers and they work fine.

Im a big fan of the ATT SE1. Stainless or aluminum, whichever you prefer. It gives good shaves and is, IMO, the best of the best in terms of quality and craftsmanship.

I am a fan of the Asylum Rx. It has a narrow head, very agile, due to the unique way the top cap and base fit together; it is worth looking up pictures if you have not seen this design. The Rx is on the aggressive end of the spectrum, and it runs expensive. Build quality is superb.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Could not resist the ATT B.Friday 50% sale. Tried to buy the aluminum as suggested but the sale did not include the aluminum razors. Ended up with a S.S. SE1 atlas handle. Debated the SE2 but intuition pointed to the SE1 for me.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Could not resist the ATT B.Friday 50% sale. Tried to buy the aluminum as suggested but the sale did not include the aluminum razors. Ended up with a S.S. SE1 atlas handle. Debated the SE2 but intuition pointed to the SE1 for me.

I believe the SE2 baseplate is %50 off as well, they both use the same cap!

I had the SE1 and SE2 baseplates with one cap and just bought the SE1 at half price to have two caps... I love the Atlas handle, bought this one with the Kronos handle. I had the Kronos with their DE razor and sold it.

I believe the SE2 baseplate is %50 off as well, they both use the same cap!

I had the SE1 and SE2 baseplates with one cap and just bought the SE1 at half price to have two caps... I love the Atlas handle, bought this one with the Kronos handle. I had the Kronos with their DE razor and sold it.

Hmm...now you tell me :001_005:. Wish they sold the Proline blades, I only saw Feather and Kai.

Call them first thing Friday morning, I'm sure they'll add the SE2 baseplate to your order if it hasn't shipped.

There are a few US vendors that sell the Proline, at double the cost that I get them for from Japan though...

Top Bottom