What's new

Online shopping and GST downunder

They are my top supplier of shave guys. I've bought a few wholly kaw and some grooming dept soaps off them.

What Wholly Kaw scents have you tried?

I'm quite interested in them at the moment and have a tub of cuero oscuro on it's way to me.

You can order Australian Private Reserve from Beard and Blade. It ship to NZ.

Great thanks. Grabbed a couple of theirs i'd wanted to try. Thanks for enabling :)

On another note i bought some Saba Woodland off trademe this week and tried it this evening. Performance seemed pretty good for a vegan soap, i've certainly tried worse. Not a huge fan of the scent though. It's fairly simple and the lemongrass is forward. Anyone like any of their other scents?

Last edited:

I'm quite interested in them at the moment and have a tub of cuero oscuro on it's way to me.

Great thanks. Grabbed a couple of theirs i'd wanted to try. Thanks for enabling :)

On another note i bought some Saba Woodland off trademe this week and tried it this evening. Performance seemed pretty good for a vegan soap, i've certainly tried worse. Not a huge fan of the scent though. It's fairly simple and the lemongrass is forward. Anyone like any of their other scents?
i have project leath

Pleasure to enable :p. I am curious, which ones did you got?. I am a big fan of APR stuff, and I am happily living in Australia for the last 3 years, and as I moved to double edged and good stuff for shaving down here, APR is my standard way to go, several soaps, splashes and EdP's :)

cheers

I grabbed Ozymandias and Fenchurch as i'm digging warmer scents at the moment. If the scents are even close to their descriptions they should smell amazing. Have you tried them?

I quite like Saba woodlands, their lime soap is the best though, very strong lemony smell perfect for summer. I have their orange scent too.

I grabbed Ozymandias and Fenchurch as i'm digging warmer scents at the moment. If the scents are even close to their descriptions they should smell amazing. Have you tried them?

Frenchurch is one of the very few products I have ever re-stocked much before I am done with the current ones in use. This is a winning soap for winter, as Ozymandias is (I have re-stoecked the splash of Ozy), but frenchucrch is sooo good. They are for cold weather or for people liking warmer scents I reckon. I have not a huge experience on soaps/splashes scents, I've been on the rabbit hole for 1 long year.
cheers and enjoy them :)

Fer

Frenchurch is one of the very few products I have ever re-stocked much before I am done with the current ones in use. This is a winning soap for winter, as Ozymandias is (I have re-stoecked the splash of Ozy), but frenchucrch is sooo good. They are for cold weather or for people liking warmer scents I reckon. I have not a huge experience on soaps/splashes scents, I've been on the rabbit hole for 1 long year.
cheers and enjoy them :)

Fer

Thats some resounding praise. They only do a few scents at a time am i right? So once its gone its gone? Or do i am i mistaken?

Thats some resounding praise. They only do a few scents at a time am i right? So once its gone its gone? Or do i am i mistaken?
Well, this is mostly true, to my knowledge some scents may remain for a couple of seasons (for the seasons, not year around). So Ozy and frenchurch were for this past winter, but they most likely came back next year.
I have been using artisan products for less than two years, so I have not like a big expertise of how things works, but I have missed re-stocking of some last summer releases that won't be released this summer and I miss at least one splash... the good thing is that I will try new scents. I open recently a thread regarding the splashes of AP reserve here, just in case you want to read my impressions:
Australian Private Reserve Aftershaves

cheers

Oh nice. I haven't seen many artisan splashes available in NZ.

Just lost a splash due to shipping restrictions.. :/ Lesson learned.

I'll post up my impressions once i get some time with them.

Oh nice. I haven't seen many artisan splashes available in NZ.

Just lost a splash due to shipping restrictions.. :/ Lesson learned.

I'll post up my impressions once i get some time with them.

Was it taken by NZ security upon arrival, or not sent by the retailer?

Was it taken by NZ security upon arrival, or not sent by the retailer?

It was taken out by youshop in the states. They inspect every package for contraband. I wasn't aware.

I've had two other parcels make it through with edts or splashes in them but no Stirling British Leather splash for me this time.

It was taken out by youshop in the states. They inspect every package for contraband. I wasn't aware.

I've had two other parcels make it through with edts or splashes in them but no Stirling British Leather splash for me this time.

Sorry to hear. I only buy splashes from Australian retailers. Good thing is that we have down here some US goodies not available in Europe. Sending splashes overseas is an issue. Hope it won't get worst

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The change for NZ to GST on low-value imported goods takes effect from 1st December.

This actually looks good to me. Low value is now $1000 up from $400.
Overseas businesses that meet the NZ$60,000 registration threshold will have to collect GST on the sale. I'm guessing Amazon and the like make the cut off.

If I'm reading this right. If you buy from a seller that does not meet the threshold and GST is not collected, customs will not collect it if below $1000 at the boarder.

GST changes: Q&As for NZ consumers - https://www.classic.ird.govt.nz/campaigns/2018/gst-policy-update-nz-consumers.html

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Never used youshop. They are NZ Post, so not surprise on their GST position.
It may be worth checking other freight forwarding options.

Top Bottom