What's new

Belcam Drakkar Noir

Just picked up a bottle at Walmart. Man, oh Man! This stuff is great. There's something just a little campy about it, but it is super masculine. I have been told the Belcam version is truer to the original formulation of Drakkar Noir from the 80s. If you've never tried Belcam, available at Walmart, you are missing out!

For those of you that know me, part of my obsession with Fragrance and Wet Shaving is the ability to push boundaries. Anyone can go out and buy the latest expensive and tasteful fragrances from the department store. That's not what I am about. I like fragrances that have soured a bit with age, fragrances that are more challenging to the nose and feel like they belong in a different time. Being able to pull off a scent that has became passe or dated is half the fun of wearing cologne and aftershaves. It's like wearing bellbottoms in 2018 and having some people laugh and some thinking that you look awesome! Besides, sporty aquatics make me wrinkle my nose. I have never liked them.

It's incredibly cheap at $8.00. But the quality is unbelievable. I don't know how they do it. The only issue with Belcam is that I wish they had a few more offerings.

Here's a picture of the bottle. The label is very generic, so I made my own from a vintage Drakkar ad.
proxy.php

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Like it or hate, it's the most 80's thing ... except Paco Rabanne. They both are pure 80s.

The Belcam, once again, is decent.

I also have the Lomani pour homme, aka "Drakkar light clone" ... there's a soap, too, if you like the scent: WSP Fougere Noir.

AA

Like it or hate, it's the most 80's thing ... except Paco Rabanne. They both are pure 80s.

The Belcam, once again, is decent.

I also have the Lomani pour homme, aka "Drakkar light clone" ... there's a soap, too, if you like the scent: WSP Fougere Noir.

AA
Thank you. Yesterday I ordered Stirling Noir shave soap.

I think it also smells a bit like Gillette Cool Wave

La Toja aftershave splash shares a lot of scent with the older Drakkar Noir (only without gassing out every room as you enter).

My personal Belcam Classic Match stash--Drakkar Noir, Polo Green, Polo Black, Polo Blue, Polo Supreme Oud, Aqua di Gio, Aqua di Gio Profumo, D&G Light Blue, CK Obsession, Dior Sauvage. Most of these are really good and well worth the asking price. I bought most of these at Walmart and onlined the rest. Belcam's website has at least a dozen more scents, with decent prices and reasonable shipping charges. Bottom line--money well spent for what you get.

Have several I think spicebomb and sauvage are my favorites. Maybe I'll pick up drakkar, I remember liking drakkar in the 90's.

Top Bottom