What's new

New Gillette 2 blades cart: The Gillette Skinguard!

Gillette Launches SkinGuard, A Unique Razor Clinically Proven for Sensitive Skin

proxy.php

proxy.php

So it seems Gillette's latest innovation is removing blades from razors.
When everybody told you 5 blades (or 6 or 7) are better than one, Gillette introduces
the new iteration of "The best a man can get".

proxy.php

What do you think about it?
I personally think it will work great for me, but what do I know?

Last edited:
Gillette Launches SkinGuard, A Unique Razor Clinically Proven for Sensitive Skin

proxy.php

proxy.php

So it seems Gillette's latest innovation is removing blades from razors.
When everybody told you 5 blades (or 6 or 7) are better than one, Gillette introduces
the new iteration of "The best a man can get".

proxy.php

What do you think about it?
I personally think it will work great for me, but what do I know?

Looks fantastic I have to say, but let's hope the price of the cartridges will not be expensive, because then it's not worth it... any one blade of a cartridge does not hold more than 6 shaves (i have a heavy coarse beard)...

Will these cartridges fit present Fusion razors ?

Ron I

The handle is the same as the old Fusion (the one before the introduction of the Flex-Ball) and the cartridges look identical to the Fusion Proshield. I would say the new cartridges will fit every Fusion handle since 2006 no problem.

It does look interesting. I've always like the Trac II the first cartridge razor. I may give it a try.
Where can you buy it? I just Googled it and it doesn't say who is selling it.

Last edited:
I won't lie... That looks like it may be a winner for me. Besides a brief stint with a Shavette and comparing a few cheap twin disposables for fun, I'm pretty much off blades entirely now. This started with satisfactory results from a Braun series 7 which turned into amazing results with a Braun series 9. I would honestly consider giving this razor a try. Single blade razors (DEs, SEs, guard, Bic, etc) all take so many passes for me to get smooth that I would get irritation regardless. Twin (or more) blade carts ama disposables do the job much more quickly and efficiently however the "lift and tug" action also guarantees irritation and disposables. This seems like the best of both worlds. Now let's say they do work great, that still doesn't justify the insane price if in the ballpark of fusion models.

I wonder if this is why Gillette was so serious about not releasing the Guard in the USA, because they knew they had something similar (maybe better?) Coming soon that they could get away with charging alot more for.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
From the info I've gathered, around the same price of the "ProShield Blades" $8 for the handle+1 refill, $18 for 4 refills, around $30 for 8 refills
Thanks, it will be dearer to buy here in Australia. I will have a look if/when it comes out here. I work in a supermarket so we should get them if they come to Australia.

I wonder if this is why Gillette was so serious about not releasing the Guard in the USA, because they knew they had something similar (maybe better?) Coming soon that they could get away with charging alot more for.

That was exactly my first thought

This looks almost as far from the Guard as you can get. Just two blades, but it has a bunch of other crap on it. Also the Guard is eight years old. I think Gillette just didn't want people buying cheap razors.

Sooner or later the new Gillette invention will be a normal DE razor re-invented by their specialized dermatologists. I'm ahead of them. I just picked up a 1932 brass Gillette New at a flea market for $3 and it works great with Gillette Russian blades.

Top Bottom