What's new

Enter your Review Requests: Here

joel said:
Dude... not cool. :thumbdown :thumbdown

I know you are trying to be funny, but these fellas are trying to make a concerted effort to help other GENTLEMEN on an (face) SHAVING forum. Please do not turn their effort to assist, promote and expand the knowledge bank here into a joke, and attempt to undermine their efforts by making this a joke/silly/screw around thread. These fine fellows are offering to expend a prodigious amount of time, effort and money to HELP other members (including you) on this forum – and instead of responding with a potty-joke/juvenile humor, you should be thanking these fine gentlemen and supporting them.

I think you owe both of these gentlemen an apology...... this is a gentlemen's (and women's) forum - please act accordingly.
I agree with Joel on this.

Quagmire, I can't help but to think that you post somewhat belittles this thread... Also, I wonder what a new visitor would think if that were the first post that they saw here - it probably wouldn't be a good impression. Yes, those of us who know you a little understand that it was a joke... but you need to (a) think of the audience (in this case - potentially the entire world) and (b) the venue (this thread is certainly not the place for such a joke).

joel said:

I know you are trying to be funny, but these fellas are trying to make a concerted effort to help other GENTLEMEN on an (face) SHAVING forum. Please do not turn their effort to assist, promote and expand the knowledge bank here into a joke, and attempt to undermine their efforts by making this a joke/silly/screw around thread. These fine fellows are offering to expend a prodigious amount of time, effort and money to HELP other members (including you) on this forum – and instead of responding with a potty-joke/juvenile humor, you should be thanking these fine gentlemen and supporting them.

I think you owe both of these gentlemen an apology...... this is a gentlemen's (and women's) forum - please act accordingly.

Thank you, Joel. I concur.

NMMB said:
I agree with Joel on this.

Quagmire, I can't help but to think that you post somewhat belittles this thread... Also, I wonder what a new visitor would think if that were the first post that they saw here - it probably wouldn't be a good impression. Yes, those of us who know you a little understand that it was a joke... but you need to (a) think of the audience (in this case - potentially the entire world) and (b) the venue (this thread is certainly not the place for such a joke).

This thread was my idea and Joe put it into motion. With all due respect to all members. I was very saddened to see inappropriate comments in it. This idea may be meager compared to multiple that appear on this forum, but I do care about it. I think it makes at least one item easier for all members and I don't want to see it demeaned, please. Joel, Michael, Thank you both for intervention. It is much appreciated.
Thank you all for your time. Shave well, gentlemen.

joel said:

I don't apologize for trying to have a little fun. Life is to short to try and be all serious Dude. It may not be cool to you but you are entitled to your opinion.

Joel is more than entitled to his opinion since he is the founder of this board and one of the moderators, including myself, who take this stuff seriously. I will also remind you that you are here as a guest, and are subject to the rules we set.

While I am not above some sly double-entendres myself, I find your post offensive and inconsistent with the tone we would like to set. If my wife was reading this forum to see how I spend my time, I would be embarrassed to have her come across these sorts of posts. I also agree that it diminishes the intent of the folks who started this thread to help people.

Let's not all pile on here; the moderators will discuss how to move forward.

Quagmire said:
I don't apologize for trying to have a little fun. Life is to short to try and be all serious Dude. It may not be cool to you but you are entitled to your opinion.

Trying to have a little fun is well and good... offending others (intentionally or not) then brushing it off/not caring is NOT ok. Accidents happen - however after this comment, it seems intentional. I will ask you once more, please be a gentleman - realize you have offended several individuals here, who have been putting forth effort to help others, and apoligize. While YOU may not feel you have made a foux pas - that is irrelevant, what is relevant is that OTHERS do - and to be disrespectful to others on the forum, then when brought to your attention - you essentially reply with "pound sand" - is not gentlemanly, and is not conducive to learning, respect, friendship, and forward motion. If you cannot see this, or will not respect members of this forum - please exercise your right to frequent/post on different shaving forums, or we will exercise that option for you. Quite frankly, every shaving forum I have run across on the internet has been run/visited/frequented by some of the nicest/finest gentlemen I have had the pleasure of experiencing, and I do not think this behavior will be tolerated for very long on any of them.

OK, back to business. We received a request for some more of the larger Shavemac Silvertip brushes. I have a 220 (Ivory Imitation, 28mm knot) so I will be doing a review soon, but if anyone who has a digital camera beats me to it. Go for it. That's one thing I really love about Joel's reviews all those great pictures. :thumbup:
There are also a lot of other great brushes in Shavemac Silvertip line if anyone feels like profiling any of theirs. Currently there aren't any reviews of the L size (23mm knot) if someone has one they would like to review, that would be fantastic. Thanks.

Hi,

How about a review on one or more of the commercially available brush/razor stands. I see very little of this on B&B. I'd really love to find one that is aesthetic, sturdy, and generic enough that multiple types of razors/brushes can be used with it.

Thanks,
Chris

Dinder1 said:
Hey Joe, how about a review of the Floid aftershave? or maybe Joel? I have some on the way, but of course I am impatient.
Cheers, DJ.

Thanks DJ, good idea! That is, after all, my favorite aftershave!!!

I'll put a review up for it :cool:

TimmyBoston said:
There are also a lot of other great brushes in Shavemac Silvertip line if anyone feels like profiling any of theirs. Currently there aren't any reviews of the L size (23mm knot) if someone has one they would like to review, that would be fantastic. Thanks.

I have a Shavemac L (25mm) nickel/black, and I freaking love it. I only have experience with one other brush though, so I don't feel "qualified" to make any comparisons.

TimmyBoston said:
OK, back to business. We received a request for some more of the larger Shavemac Silvertip brushes. I have a 220 (Ivory Imitation, 28mm knot) so I will be doing a review soon, but if anyone who has a digital camera beats me to it. Go for it. That's one thing I really love about Joel's reviews all those great pictures. :thumbup:

Here you go

Top Bottom