What's new

Wilkinson DE Razor

saw this in Tesco this morning, £15 if anyone’s interested. I haven’t seen one before and haven’t bought one so no idea if it’s any good. Tesco seem to have sold all their Palmolive shave sticks and cream also which seems strange now they’re stocking a DE.

Attachments

• 17FF48CE-D1D2-4DC2-BD6E-D28ECB7DECEC.jpeg
    17FF48CE-D1D2-4DC2-BD6E-D28ECB7DECEC.jpeg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 70
I was mildly enchanted with this thing; it did a great shave, and the heft of the thing, and the handle, was so ergonomic.

It was £15, and then reduced to £12.

You can pick them up on Aliexpress, it is a WEISHI. There is a shave video or 2 on them out there.

I thought so. It won't last that long, I think, with that fragile TTO mechanism.

I got a spare one, when it was reduced, that I might seduce my nephew with. He's into vegetarianism and so on, so he ought to be easily diverted away from cartridges. Compared with me, he's quite a soft-faced young lad.

It's a seriously ergonomic piece of gear, all the same, for my size of hands.

If I could acquire a handle that would make my Rockwell 6C or my Merkur 23C have the same feel, I would buy it.

I've got one, I find it to be a nice, though mild, razor. Here in Germany you can get a combo pack of the razor, a 5 pack of blades, a WS brush, and the WS blue soap puck (the soap is white, the tub is blue) for a grand total of 15€. I'm keeping the razor and the blades, but one of my siblings liked the look of the brush and soap when I showed them, so I'm gifting those to them.

That soap isn't good, IMO.

Don't let it colour your opinion of the other stuff. Modern WS blades are at least as good as Personna, which I like.

That soap isn't good, IMO.

Don't let it colour your opinion of the other stuff. Modern WS blades are at least as good as Personna, which I like.

I never had a problem with the soap, got a good, thick lather every time with it. And personally I like the scent too.
Agree with you on the blades though, I just used a 5th use WS blade this morning for the shace, still a beautiful smooth shave.

The Wilkinson Sword shave stick is supposedly better than the tub, i have one en route. And the blades are also pretty good.

Yes Tesco's seem to have got rid of all Palmolive sticks and creams, same here in Ireland. I think you can still pick the sticks up in Superdrug and Asda in the Uk very cheaply.

The Wilkinson Sword shave stick is supposedly better than the tub, i have one en route. And the blades are also pretty good.

Yes Tesco's seem to have got rid of all Palmolive sticks and creams, same here in Ireland. I think you can still pick the sticks up in Superdrug and Asda in the Uk very cheaply.
The Wilkinson Sword shave stick is very much better than the tub. I have both, and the tub has been relegated to use last if I have no other options, including breaking my sabbatical this year and going to get some Porasso at the drug store, or even William's Mug. I may go back and try it again, but I can't get a decent lather out of it. No matter what I've tried for technique, I can't get anything better than a soupy lather that just dissipates.

As for the razor, wish they sold them in N.A. But if it's basically just a Weishi, I already have one of their adjustable (the Parthenon twin) razor, so...

Top Bottom