What's new

Muhle Rocca Vs ATT H1 head

Hi,

Anyone out there have both these Razors?, if so how do they compare.

I already have the Rocca but have been eyeing up the ATT H1 head.

I have the Calypso H1, which I assume is milder than the SS H1 (i know that because of the SS R1/Calypso R1 comparison I can make).

Personally I find the Rocca a little bit too rough for daily shaving. Even when I skipped a day or two, the second pass with the Rocca was something I dreaded a bit. Which is why I ultimatively sold it. The Calypso H1 however I can use every day without any issues.

@Earl_Grey Thanks for your views.

I like the look of the Calypso H1 as well but am worried about its weight or lack of it! and its efficiency.How do you find it?

Yes i have seen a lot of reviews by guys saying that they find the Rocca rough, i can see how they could say that as it has a lot of blade feel but i like to use it when i have 2 or more days growth and it just mows the hair down, so for me its a keeper.

The Calypso definitely shaves a little different than the SS, blade compatibility changes for me as well. I get my best results with the H1 when using the satinless steel top cap, calypso baseplate & stainless steel handle. So if you already own a SS ATT, you might consider just picking up the H1 Calypso plate.

But if you are worried about efficiency of the calypso H1, don't be. Might require a bit more pressure than SS but it gets the job done.

When I first got the Rocca, shaves felt rough. Then I went back to it and now use it daily. Why it should have felt rough I've no idea. It gives a very Comfortable shave, close and absolutely no irritation. No cuts. Maybe my prep with the wonderful SV soap is what makes It so good. I love the fact you can hear if there is still some beard to cut......almost shave by sound alone as opposed to feeling my face for hair .

M

member 119848

Sold my H2. Still have a Rocca. Much better shave for me(I like blade feel).
I like blade feel too! I have been considering the H2 (Calypso) lately. I´m quite surprised to see the Rocca often compared to the R41 and H plates. Some even rated the Rocca as a #8 on the Rockwell scale.
So you would rate the Rocca close to the R41-efficiency, right?
I very much appreciate this kind of information, as there´s so little written about the Rocca.
This razor is IMO totally underrated!

Rocca is a stylish razor and a good balance and weight which makes it easy to shave just by the weight of head alone. It gives a close shave after 2 passes plus touch up. Comfortable and for me no irritation or nicks, usually as you can nick yourself with any razor! There's a v3 out so you may want to look into this.

Yes Muhle seem to have a habit of 'botching' new products in the Rocca line of Razors, the latest being the new V3 head release....still love my Rocca and may well get the new V3 head just to compare with my V2.

M

member 119848

There should be a black version coming soon. Quite good-looking...
00C41259-46FD-49B3-9EFF-0181401CD927.png 36B973D4-B55C-4CD4-8BA8-937E55485025.png

I like blade feel too! I have been considering the H2 (Calypso) lately. I´m quite surprised to see the Rocca often compared to the R41 and H plates. Some even rated the Rocca as a #8 on the Rockwell scale.
So you would rate the Rocca close to the R41-efficiency, right?
I very much appreciate this kind of information, as there´s so little written about the Rocca.
This razor is IMO totally underrated!
Yes it is an efficient razor. I use the Ikon Tech, CG 3 and R41 as daily drivers and the Rocca and Dart can hang with them.

Yes it is an efficient razor. I use the Ikon Tech, CG 3 and R41 as daily drivers and the Rocca and Dart can hang with them.
Efficient and kind to my face......and I consider my skin to be sensitive, although I'm beginning to think sensitive skin is a myth.

Efficient and kind to my face......and I consider my skin to be sensitive, although I'm beginning to think sensitive skin is a myth.

I had also considered myself to have Sensitive skin when it came to shaving, especially on my neck area either side of my Adam’s apple which I think is an area many men are prone to get razor burn/irritation. I think an efficient razor with a good smooth blade is a must for sensitive skin, the less passes and time spent doing touch ups can avoid a lot off grief!

M

member 119848

The Ikon tech is unfortunately out of stock. I sold my R41 but now have regrets. I am on the waitlist on a Charcoal Goods level 3 but it may take a year to get it... I could buy an R41 again, but the Mühle Rocca seems to be a better candidate :001_smile

Top Bottom