What's new

YouTube Help

It looks to me that YouTube is a great resource. But I don't know how to use it, it seems. And not sure I know the correct way of addressing my problem within YouTube. So I thought I would ask here.

Specifically, i am trying to gather information and instructions pertinent to me on using Apple's Numbers Spreadsheet program. There are a number of videos in YouTube that are applicable to my needs, and a still greater number that are not (out dated, not aspects I care about, too advanced, etc.).

What I want to do is create a catalog of those videos I want to go back to reference, time and again. But I don't know how. I haven't managed to figure out playlists in YouTube, having thought that might be the answer I have been looking for. And don't believe that subscribing to some of them is going to give me a discrete number of reference videos.

Suggestions and help (with references/links) would be greatly appreciated!

I'm sure there is a Youtube video for that. :001_302:

I use the like function. If I want to go back to a video I like it then in the left hand panel there is a "liked videos" button. Then I can go back. When I am done with them I unlike them if I see no need to go back.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Assuming you are "signed in" you can put the relevant videos in the "watch later" page of your account.

After entering a search, put your mouse clicker over the image of the relevant video ... a clock icon appears in the top right-hand corner of the video image ... click on that image and the video is added to your "watch later" list.

I finally just figured out how to add videos to a playlist that I can name! I guess I sort of re-learned how, because with experimenting I discovered I had already saved things to other playlists! I am kind of forgetful!!! Thanks for the ideas above. I believe each of them would work, and I will try them.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Glad that you were able to work it out. I just save the URL to my favourites and that seems to work while the video is still active.

Glad that you were able to work it out. I just save the URL to my favourites and that seems to work while the video is still active.
That actually might be the simplest thing for me to do. I do use bookmarks a lot for organizing, so I am familiar with navigating that. I am obviously not (yet) familiar with navigating YouTube!

Hello,

You can either "like" the video by clicking on the Thumps Up symbol, or creating a playlist.

Take care
YouYou

Top Bottom