What's new

Bialetti in trouble - end of the Moka pot

A real tragedy..... there will always be a cottage industry that will keep the flame. And considereing the much less used Cuccamella Napolitan is still manufactured by at least 4 companies, I think that you will always be able to buy a nice Moka Pot anytime you wish...
COFFEE NAPOLI.jpg
coffee napoli inox (2).jpg
coffee napoli inox (3).jpg
coffee napoli inox (4).jpg

With 105 million sold there will be an endless supply in thrift stores for decades to come.

A real tragedy..... there will always be a cottage industry that will keep the flame. And considereing the much less used Cuccamella Napolitan is still manufactured by at least 4 companies, I think that you will always be able to buy a nice Moka Pot anytime you wish...View attachment 924695 View attachment 924696 View attachment 924697 View attachment 924698
My parents used that type of pot every evening. They would make a large pot and ad either Fernet or Annisette to the coffee.

no matter what @Mick say - its time to buy buy buy! There will be a shortfall. People 3 hundred years from now will pay BIG Money to get their very own Bialetti! And, and, and, you just know with inflation factored in You'll make back those warehouse storage fees in no time! So, quick! There's not a moment to lose. If you don't do it someone else will!

But they make so much more than just the coffee pot. I have the pasta pot. IMO the greatest invention since slice bread. It has holes in the pot top that when you flip it over to drain it drains right out! Alonzo is a genius! I could not live without it.

One of the problems I see is that they last forever. Very little to go wrong or need replacing. I've only replaced the gasket on mine twice in 40+ years. I can't tell you how many American coffee makers I've had in the meantime.

Also never used one either (I'm enjoying pourovers at the moment, and the occasional espresso) but it's sad to see an iconic business in trouble and an end of an era. Renato Bialetti (the man on the Bialetti logo and son of the founder Alfonso Bialetti) died not too long ago as well.

Bialetti-baffi.jpg

Also never used one either (I'm enjoying pourovers at the moment, and the occasional espresso) but it's sad to see an iconic business in trouble and an end of an era. Renato Bialetti (the man on the Bialetti logo and son of the founder Alfonso Bialetti) died not too long ago as well.
He was actually interred in a replica of the moka pot
a_Moka_pot_contain_3577563b.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I use my 3-cup moka pot from time to time. I was thinking about getting a 6-cup one for grins, but I wasn't in a rush. I guess I ought to get after it.

Being aluminum they do get "funky" over time

I will be getting a new one soon

Top Bottom