What's new

Help me identify this DE

Hello Gents, I purchased this DE TTO from a person in Bulgaria. Can anyone tell me more about it? It has no stamping of any kind anywhere on the Razor. It seems to be chrome brass and weights about the same as my 60s Gillette SS. The Knurling is very different then any old gillettes in my Den. The Knurling feels stickier i.e.; a much deeper with better grip then any of my old Gillettes. The end is slightly flared but not as much as a SS. The end caps are square. I'll stick a blade in it and use it on my next shave. I have sanitize it and cleaned it up with scrubbing bubbles followed by a short dip in some rubbing alcohol. It looks very much like a 60s SS with a much better handle, however the head doesn't appear to be as good a quality as the 60s Gillettes. Thanks for any help.
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0453.jpg

Hello
Going from memory it's from early 1980's .
Either made at or model name "Brotherly Labor".
Sturdy razor. Pretty sure it's chrome over brass.
Hope this helps.

Cheers
John

So these razors come from the TPK "Brotherly Labour" (workers co-operative) steel casting factory in Sandanski. I just noticed that the handle/head is very slightly off centre. You can see it in the photo. Interesting! I wonder if that is a factory flaw? Or was it designed that way? Or was it bent by a user? I can't see it causing a problem with the shave. I found another thread here on B&B about Bulgarian razors, all were three piece but the guys here seem to agree Bulgaria made some very fine shavers. Well, guess I found a Razor I can use on Labor Day each year. Thanks Bondage007.

So these razors come from the TPK "Brotherly Labour" (workers co-operative) steel casting factory in Sandanski. I just noticed that the handle/head is very slightly off centre. You can see it in the photo. Interesting! I wonder if that is a factory flaw? Or was it designed that way? Or was it bent by a user? I can't see it causing a problem with the shave. I found another thread here on B&B about Bulgarian razors, all were three piece but the guys here seem to agree Bulgaria made some very fine shavers. Well, guess I found a Razor I can use on Labor Day each year. Thanks Bondage007.

Hello,

I think Bulgarian razors are excellent shavers. One of my favorites are the “Swing Swedish” clone types. Very smooth and surprisingly efficient. Occasionally blade line up is required on some models (minor).
See below for example. There are many on eBay such as this one.
Bulgarian 70s safety razor with box | eBay

Cheers
John

AC91E056-53FF-4AD4-A478-EF1D711FFD66.jpeg
700E8FF6-0233-49A6-81DB-88196453EC6D.jpeg
83AABA84-A4B2-4E8F-81C1-B31CCEAF855B.jpeg
E3E8D159-9B62-42F4-A9F5-014D9E7E4C8D.jpeg
F0184363-64E3-4FB3-8D28-2AF32FAB9E6C.jpeg

Hello,

I think Bulgarian razors are excellent shavers. One of my favorites are the “Swing Swedish” clone types. Very smooth and surprisingly efficient. Occasionally blade line up is required on some models (minor).
See below for example. There are many on eBay such as this one.
Bulgarian 70s safety razor with box | eBay

Cheers
John

View attachment 924011 View attachment 924012 View attachment 924013 View attachment 924014 View attachment 924015
I saw that Razor, it is really cool. Someday Someday. I need to cool my RAD for a time.

Top Bottom