What's new

Nacet blades - rough or smooth?

Reading threads on Nacet blades, I'm finding that opinions are divided between "sharp and smooth" and "rough shave, especially first two times".

I just tried one and cut myself, which is unusual. It also didn't really clear the stubble totally. So for me so far I'm in the "disappointed" group.

Is there any consensus on Nacets, or just divided subjective opinions?

Rough for me. I posted a few weeks ago about them possibly being saw-toothed on a microscopic level (they aren't). It feels like shaving with tiny hacksaw.

They aren't the worst but I have had a few irritating shaves. Perma sharp did the same thing. Prickly little burs in the blade, at least to the nerves in my face.

Thinking about this post, I just tried a nacet again in my fatboy on setting 3 using Tabac soap. Now my face is burning. Yeah, definitely not for me!!

I have had mixed results with this blade. Okay in the EJ89 and Gillette Slim Adjustable but not smooth in the Fatip. Not as good as the Astra SP or GSB though so a second tier blade.

Not harsh for me. Use these and Feathers in DE razors. Charcoal Goods lvl2 and Timeless .68 OC for face and Timeless .95 OC for head. Nice, sharp blade.

I find them very sharp, perhaps second sharpest after Feathers.

I do not find them harsh, but they do have this slight prickly feel I can't explain. It's not really objectionable, but feels like the blade is very sharp when riding on one's skin. Like a scraping, but the clean proper scraping of a very sharp blade, not the scraping of a bad or defective blade.

I like them, and feel they are somewhat unique due to this sensation.

I don't think you'll find consensus on any blade.

For me: Nacets didn't work well with my Rockwell 6S, but were my favorite in a Fatip Piccolo. YMMV, and probably will.
I agree. They (Nacet) work excellently for me in my Piccolo! They nearly give Feathers (my #1) a run for the money in it.

I've also found Gillette Yellows to pair nicely with my Piccolo, too. Nacet may challenge my Feathers, whereas Yellows (to my mind) have similar characteristics as a Feather, but are toned down a notch. Yellow feel to me like a mellow Feather, smoother and a bit less sharp.

First shave with the Nacet in my 6C on R4 was rough, but second shave was smooth and very close. On this evidence it seems to get better after the initial shave. Do others find this?

Top Bottom