What's new

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

You guys inspired me, so off to get Wonder Bread, a cheap block of cheddar, sliced ham. For tomato soup, Campbells, Progresso, and a can of Italian tomatoes just in case I have the energy to DIY. Had a talk with a neighbor about wet ham and how you absolutely positively need to use mayonnaise instead of butter on the outside, so I precooked the ham in oil to dry it off and had at it, served up with the Progresso soup. The mayo gave the outside a nice look. Mmm mmm good! Next time I have to add herbs & spices (needs heat) and eventually try different cheese.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Made these the other day. Dipped in egg and fried, Boar’s Head Maple Glaze Honey Coat ham, BH baby Swiss, mustard, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Forgot to include the raspberry jam in the picture.

929D85E3-E207-428B-BD7E-0FE326F4633B.jpeg

Dipped in egg, huh? ....a while back I saw a episode of that PBS show, traveling with Steve....iforgethislastnamebutitendswithanSIthinklol, and he was in London. He visited a grilled cheese stand that had been there for well over 100 years and and would make it with any kind of crazy cheese you wanted. I swore I would go there one day

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Dipped in egg, huh? ....a while back I saw a episode of that PBS show, traveling with Steve....iforgethislastnamebutitendswithanSIthinklol, and he was in London. He visited a grilled cheese stand that had been there for well over 100 years and and would make it with any kind of crazy cheese you wanted. I swore I would go there one day
It is known as a Monte Cristo. When I first heard of it, I thought it would be awful (especially using jam). The savory and sweet work well together.

I like my grilled cheese sandwich grilled without the cheese and butter. After i butter the toast i put the cheese on, preferably a well aged crumbly white cheddar.
dave

Limburger (expired but still okay - ish) red onions and pickled herring (unrefrigerated, so that was maybe what caused the issue). Don't ask, lol.

Let's just say I won't be in charge of the grilled cheeses any more. I told them once they got past the smell they'd be golden. But deep down I knew it wasn't going to be pretty as soon as I opened up the Limburger.

The guests were polite about it. I heard a lot of "Is it Kosher?", or "Is that SEEDED rye?".

I said, "You know what!... How about less questions and more eating!"

But still just more excuses so I had to take the plates out to the garage and let the rats have a feast I guess. SMH, right?

Sharp cheddar and thin slices of Granny Smith apples make a good grilled cheese. My wife got some fig jam to add to it and to my surprise it was really good.

Rick “poindexter” Steves?? Lol
I’m not sure what to make of that guy.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Rick “poindexter” Steves?? Lol
I’m not sure what to make of that guy.

A guy who self-published a travel book forty years ago, has since parlayed that into a multi-million dollar business, and shows no signs of slowing down? I have a thought or two about such a guy.

Top Bottom