What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

This is another one i purchased today. Just for 17 bucks
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a frankengem maybe someone here might be able identify what razor the head originally belonged to. The handle is from a Valet Autostrop.
gem1.jpg gem2.jpg

You can see someone repaired this by welding a nut on the base of the head.
gem3.jpg

Maybe this view will help in identifying the head unless the angle was also modified on it.
gem4.jpg

Or they get bent, which is quite easy.

I don't know about that, there just may have been some variations in head angle from manufacturing. I have a squat head GEM 1912 that goes the other way, it has a shallower angle than the typical 1912. I don't know if that's normal for that type or not.

Possible as well. I just know my three 1914s were bent at different angles. I don't believe they came that way.
I don't know about that, there just may have been some variations in head angle from manufacturing. I have a squat head GEM 1912 that goes the other way, it has a shallower angle than the typical 1912. I don't know if that's normal for that type or not.

Possible as well. I just know my three 1914s were bent at different angles. I don't believe they came that way.

I am pretty sure frankengem's head was bent on purpose as a functional modification. Here is why look at the instruction sheet here.
Gem How To Top.jpg

When I line the head up based on figure 3 the handle is parallel to the shave plane. You just need to pull the handle straight down or up or sideways for WTG, ATG or XTG passes. Shaving made simple.

Ordered the Paradigm Titanium SE
It’s on it’s way to me

Also ordered a Karve Razor with an A plate and a B plate

Top Bottom