What's new

Creepy Crawlies!

What's the best way to get rid of spiders?

More Spiders!
P1050057(3).jpg

Thanks Troy! My wife had it on her hand so we could get it turned around to face the camera but it flew off before we could get a pose or even a close look at the face.

Cool spiders!
dave

That's great Troy! Love the patterning/marbling on the back end.
dave
Thanks Dave!

placing horse chestnuts in the corners of your home could chase spiders away. Conkers are thought to contain a noxious chemical that repels the creatures. Spiders are also thought to hate the smell of peppermint oil.
I've heard the same thing about Hedge Apples (Fruit of the Osage orange tree), but have seen spiders crawling on them laying in the grass. So I don't know why they would avoid them indoors. Also if they really do avoid them wouldn't putting them near doors and windows trap the ones already inside. If you really want to get rid of them I think the only real answer is poison. They say unless your in the middle of the ocean you're always within 10 feet from at least 1 spider. They've been here long before us and will be here long after us, so it seems easiest to just accept them.

Thanks Dave!

I've heard the same thing about Hedge Apples (Fruit of the Osage orange tree), but have seen spiders crawling on them laying in the grass. So I don't know why they would avoid them indoors. Also if they really do avoid them wouldn't putting them near doors and windows trap the ones already inside. If you really want to get rid of them I think the only real answer is poison. They say unless your in the middle of the ocean you're always within 10 feet from at least 1 spider. They've been here long before us and will be here long after us, so it seems easiest to just accept them.

That is very true spiders dont bother me at all but then again ours are safe.....

That is very true spiders dont bother me at all but then again ours are safe.....
They're all pretty safe around here too. Black Widows and Brown Recluses are said the be around here, but I've never seen any or know anyone who's been bitten.

They're all pretty safe around here too. Black Widows and Brown Recluses are said the be around here, but I've never seen any or know anyone who's been bitten.

We just have the common garden spiders, their might be bigger one's that have escaped but the same nobody has been bitten around here.

North American Grass Spider AKA Funnel Web
Not to be confused with the Australian (Sydney) Funnel Web, these ones a harmless.
P1060879(r2rs).jpg

I got this shot a couple of months ago, but didn't post until now. I believe it to be a Red Saddlbags Skimmer. Probably a female or juvenile since it's more brown than red.
P1050738(r1rs).jpg

Not all insect but....

Toad as small as the first joint of my little finger
Chrysalis believed to be a moth of some sort. Found a fluke deep in my garden one year when double digging it. I’ll search for it on another device.
8EA04EAF-9901-4441-BFCE-CC92A5DF9EE2.jpeg
6335632A-0896-41A3-BF1A-EC8B962B01A1.jpeg
7D6155A4-E2A6-4C66-B222-E6742C3EC6CB.jpeg
65873214-0716-488E-84A4-95D49C27187F.jpeg
73A46C6E-778D-4301-BBE2-B0C7DA7DAD98.jpeg
1C354A2E-BA34-4D7C-A6A9-7D6A57B28FBF.jpeg

Top Bottom