What's new

Badger Blends: Your Homemade Aftershave Mixes

Remember the time that guy put a little of every aftershave he owned into one bottle? Was it here? Maybe it was TSD. Anyway, I'd love to find that post again.

Remember the time that guy put a little of every aftershave he owned into one bottle? Was it here? Maybe it was TSD. Anyway, I'd love to find that post again.
You could be referring to me since I've done this and posted about it. I can't remember the details of the post or when/ where I posted it, but I know I didn't create a dedicated thread about it.
I still have a little bit of that mixture left.

You could be referring to me since I've done this and posted about it. I can't remember the details of the post or when/ where I posted it, but I know I didn't create a dedicated thread about it.
I still have a little bit of that mixture left.

I just remember a picture of all the bottles lined up.. :biggrin1:

how was it?
It smells nice, but very hard to describe. The best part about it is that the scent changes over time. It's not overpowering and I can still faintly smell it 2 hours after putting it on.
The coolest thing about mixing a small amount of all of your aftershave, and usually mix about 1/4 ounce of each, is that your end result can be completely different from someone else depending on what aftershaves you have.
I'd recommend that everyone try it at least once. Also and FYI, mine also contains some of the Veg!

Lucky Old Man:

1 part Old Spice Classic AS
4 parts Lucky Tiger
12 parts Pinaud Clubman

Chilly Old Man:
Add menthol crystals to above recipe.

Lucky Old Man:

1 part Old Spice Classic AS
4 parts Lucky Tiger
12 parts Pinaud Clubman

Chilly Old Man:
Add menthol crystals to above recipe.
great name. adding the Lucky Tiger to clubman is inspired since the tiger has the some great healing properties.

great name. adding the Lucky Tiger to clubman is inspired since the tiger has the some great healing properties.

Thank you, I certainly enjoy it. I’ve been playing around with the proportions for sometime now. I’m a huge fan of the Clubman scent, that’s why there is so much Clubman in the mixture. Use very little Old Spice or else it will dominate the recipe.

Well you guys have got me going. While I haven't actually mixed and bottled anything yet, I've started combining various aftershaves, and enjoying the results. My latest is VIBR/LimeSec, about equal parts one after the other. Probably nothing new around here, but jazzing it up pretty nice for me. The Clubman/Vitos is coming up soon.

Here's one I came up with (at least I THINK I came up with it. Apologies if I'm plagiarizing somebody's juice recipe):
2/3 Master Blue
1/3 Master Breeze
Menthol crystals

"Blue Breeze Freeze"......GOOOOOOOD MORNING!!!
Colder than Osage Rub and the dry down is what I would call a nice, clean cut, masculine, everyman scent.

I took a bottle of drug-store witch hazel and kept adding 4711 cologne until it smelled more like the latter than the former.

I'll designate it Carson's 47.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I took a bottle of drug-store witch hazel and kept adding 4711 cologne until it smelled more like the latter than the former.

I'll designate it Carson's 47.

Interesting. I just add glycerin to 4711 and splash it on, but it's a strong alky sting. You're on to something.

AA

Top Bottom