What's new

Kent knots

I’d like to poll all those Kent owners out there!!!

I have never used a Kent brush, but would like to add one to the line up.

Would you all mind to compare the face feel of Kent’s Pure badger knots to the Silvertip knots? Thanks so much!

My BK8 is pillow soft.

It's a "painter"

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My BK8 is pillow soft.

It's a "painter"

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Hello, Mick!

That sounds great! I have a Savile Row silvertip which is probably my softest brush (that or my Thater). I prefer to use painting strokes and love the shape of the Kent handle. I’m looking for something pillow soft with zero scritch. The Kents sound like good candidates.

F2F4B6DF-A2BF-4935-A483-6C9767460B87.jpeg
I have two Kent brushes, their KB8 pure silvertip and their Large Horn pure badger brush. Both Kent brushes are fantastic, to be honest I cant feel the difference between the two knots once they are lathered up. The KB8 is my daily driver, pillow soft, plus it fits in my chrome brush stand to hang upside down. The large horn pure badger brush is just as soft, but its big, the diameter is a bit too big for my stand, otherwise Id use it as much as the other. I reach for my Kents over my Thater cocobolo brush and my Simpson chubby, but everything gets into the rotation eventually. lol. The Kents didn't in a break in period and the knots are well washed, as you'd expect at this price point.

View attachment 916564 I have two Kent brushes, their KB8 pure silvertip and their Large Horn pure badger brush. Both Kent brushes are fantastic, to be honest I cant feel the difference between the two knots once they are lathered up. The KB8 is my daily driver, pillow soft, plus it fits in my chrome brush stand to hang upside down. The large horn pure badger brush is just as soft, but its big, the diameter is a bit too big for my stand, otherwise Id use it as much as the other. I reach for my Kents over my Thater cocobolo brush and my Simpson chubby, but everything gets into the rotation eventually. lol. The Kents didn't in a break in period and the knots are well washed, as you'd expect at this price point.
The H8 is the brush which interests me most. I love the faux horn handle color and handle shape, plus, this knot size is in my wheel house.

As a small collector of Kents for my opinion is that the H8 pure is very simalar to my simpsons Duke in best. It is stiffer than the silver tip but soaks up water and lather just the same. I face lather with mine and have absolutely no problems. Its a big brush but not intrusive at all. The H8 IMHO is a great but underated brush. Also shop around as there are always deals out there on Kent brushes.

I have the big BK12 with a 30 mm knot and I've learned to appreciate it. If you are not exactly on a large backbone and also like very soft badger brushes, you can be right here.

proxy.php

proxy.php

love all my kent brushes.
agree that there seems to be minimal difference between their 'pure' and 'silvertip' labelled brushes.

kent brushes 3.JPG

here is my kent family portrait.
while the bk12 is labeled 'silvertip', the knots on all of them seem pretty much the same softness, imo.

kent brush group.jpg

My BLK12 is probably the softest and most luxurious brush I own.

Plisson HMW comes kinda close in terms of softness but never really gets there.

IMO Kent Silvertip is by far the best bang for buck when it comes to top-tier brands / badger hair grades.

Can't speak for H series, would love to try it, though.

Top Bottom